Please Pick up Chris Henry RB

1B4IDie

I know the NFL is not Fantasy Football and it is rare to see major roster moves during the season but the Tennessee Titans just cut a homerun hitting 1 cut and dash RB named Chris Henry. Not the infamous Chris Henry.

Yes we have two Beast Mode RBs now. But Chris Henry would be a great change of pace back. You really don't get a the benefit of having two RBs if they both run with pretty much the same style. The Defense knows what to expect. The Smash and Dash set up is what keeps defenses on thier toes.

This kid could be a great change of pace and we are thin at RB. After the Beast Modes we have Slo-Mode in Oman.

Please please please sign this kid. I guarantee he will be picked up by an NFL team. Tennessee is just super deep at RB and had some injuries on Defense where they had to make roster moves.

Give him 3 carries a game on 2nd down and short with instructions to make 1 cut and run and see if he can make something happen. He would be cheap and it would add some major spice in the running game.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/412644

I know the NFL is not Fantasy Football and it is rare to see major roster moves during the season but the Tennessee Titans just cut a homerun hitting 1 cut and dash RB named Chris Henry. Not the infamous Chris Henry.

Yes we have two Beast Mode RBs now. But Chris Henry would be a great change of pace back. You really don't get a the benefit of having two RBs if they both run with pretty much the same style. The Defense knows what to expect. The Smash and Dash set up is what keeps defenses on thier toes.

This kid could be a great change of pace and we are thin at RB. After the Beast Modes we have Slo-Mode in Oman.

Please please please sign this kid. I guarantee he will be picked up by an NFL team. Tennessee is just super deep at RB and had some injuries on Defense where they had to make roster moves.

Give him 3 carries a game on 2nd down and short with instructions to make 1 cut and run and see if he can make something happen. He would be cheap and it would add some major spice in the running game.

Pick up DD Dorsey. He was in a fierce, down-to-the-wire battle with Brian Leonard for a roster spot in CIN.

He's also a fine ST player.

Are you saying Jackson and Lynch have the same running style?

I think he was. :thumbdown:

Are you saying they are different?

This season Freddie is running between the tackles and taking people on road trips when they try to tackle.

Looks very similar to Lynch's style.

Last Season Freddie was slashing and dashing not so far this season.

Obviously Lynch is out so it changes 22's role but you have to say that if you add a 1 to Freddies Jersey number you couldn't tell the difference earlier this season. (Yeah all you Lynch haters can argue Freddie is more productive or whatever you want to argue) But you can't say that this season Freddie is not running hard between the tackles which is Lynch's style.

BTW Henry got injured his rookie season then TEN drafted the same style player in Chris Johnson. Chris Johnson is clearly a better back.

Chris Henry clearly got buried in a crowded backfield as Javon Ringer is a nice back as well.

What I'm saying is the Bills aren't drafting Henry he won't be a reach as FA mid-season pickup and he will probably be paid a 3rd year Veteran Minimum instead of second round pick salary. Chris Henry was way overpaid in Tennessee that and depth at the position is why he was released.

Its worth a gamble for a nice change of pace back.

Omon isn't exactly wowing on special teams and he is clearly not a capable running back.

Yeah I watched Hard Knocks too.

DeDe Dorsey looked good and had the blocked punt.

He would be a nice change of pace too.

I just think Omon is a dead roster spot and there are atleast two backs that can help the team's attack.

You can't be serious about this? Going into last week Jackson was the 5th best rusher in the NFL. This week we retain that player, and add a pro-bowl-potential back. Meanwhile we struggle to field and O-Line, have 1.5 solid pass rushers, and Tight Ends are dropping like flies, and you want to spend cap money on another running back? Try again.

You can't be serious about this? Going into last week Jackson was the 5th best rusher in the NFL. This week we retain that player, and add a pro-bowl-potential back. Meanwhile we struggle to field and O-Line, have 1.5 solid pass rushers, and Tight Ends are dropping like flies, and you want to spend cap money on another running back? Try again.

We're not spedning cap money on a 1 year veteran minum contract.

So do you have any suggestions to improve anything?

No. just bitter.

Not to mention that the O-Line is playing much better than expected or much better than it did in preseason if you watch the Lambs or the Rust Curtain's O-line they make the Bills patchwork line look great.

You should be giving those guys credit for playing as well as they are for all those last second cuts, injuries, and early season pickups.

Its suprising we can get Push to run and keep Trent upright for 3 secs. (Just to dump off anyway)

Yeah I watched Hard Knocks too.

DeDe Dorsey looked good and had the blocked punt.

He would be a nice change of pace too.

I've mentioned him in previous posts. He's been on the edge of roster cut-down time with CIN for a couple of years. IND put him on their roster in their SB year. I don't think he got in a carry, though.

That blocked punt was nice - but the thing about him is that he has the keen eye for blockers, offensive and defensive. He's not a juker. However, he is lightning fast after a hand-off and can turn the corner and get through a mess in the middle. I'm surprised that he hasn't been picked up by some club, if only for his overall ST play.

There are plenty of good players out there - but roster limits, other position needs, contracts etc. conspire.

A good front office always combs the backwaters... and the Bills should take a hard look at the cut LB Darryl Blackstock. If CIN's Maualega's knee injury takes a turn for the worse, Blackstock will get the phone call.