• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking of

P1=DT

P2=DE

P3=QB

for DraftTek's first Mock, usually done in Mocktober.

What say you?

Your Faithful Draft Droid

Astro

Bills Correspondent

www.DraftTek.com

I have to jump on the recent bandwagon and say:

P1=QB

P2=OT

P3=DL

I have to jump on the recent bandwagon and say:

P1=QB

P2=OT

P3=DL

I could live with that order, too, especially if the QB's available at our pick were Tebow, McCoy, and LaFavour. I'll collect more thoughts on this until 5:59pm and then turn in the order to DraftTek.

Astro

we might not have the best depth at DT, but I say we have a top 5 duo in kyle williams and marcus stroud. The Bills need to draft Qb first round. There are so many first rounders that are outstanding at QB Both mannings,rivers,ryan and others. Not to mention old timers like Kelly,Marino,Elway, I could go on foreverver with names about Old time and new time Qb's that have made in impact in the first round. Im sorry you cant find great QB's in later rounds with the exception of Brady and a few others. Next years QB class could be the best ever. We need to take one of those kids

1- QB

2- LB

3-DE

Can't agree with the folks that say DT is a need, let alone the primary one. Kyle Williams, Marcus Stroud, and Spencer Johnson have been great so far this year. The biggest reasons for the most recent rushing extravaganza by New Orleans were a tired unit and poor linebacker play, but I digress...

1) LB - both an OLB upgrade and a MLB for depth and to start if/when Poz gets hurt

2) OT - Obviously depth is a huge concern with Butler out, but Bell simply doesn't look ready in either the run game or pass protection

3) QB - Even with a new coaching staff, someone has to come in and--in the very least--challenge Edwards for the starting role.

4) WR - Owens doesn't look like he's going to pan out, and even if he did he's likely to be gone after this season. I'm not one of those folks that are supremely confident in Steve Johnson, so another target in the passing game would be a huge help.

Just throwing some names out there, but:

Sean Witherspoon - LB/Missouri

Russell Okung - OT/Oklahoma State (probably a top 5 pick though)

Brandon Lafell - WR/LSU

Tony Pike - QB/Cincinnati

Can't agree with the folks that say DT is a need, let alone the primary one. Kyle Williams, Marcus Stroud, and Spencer Johnson have been great so far this year. The biggest reasons for the most recent rushing extravaganza by New Orleans were a tired unit and poor linebacker play, but I digress...

Stroud is getting old, and the other 2 guys aren't the run-stuffer, double-team types that this D needs. I think it's imperative that the Bills get a guy to take over for Stroud in the upcoming years. As for the LBs, in the Cover 2 that the Bills run, you don't need stellar LB play- it's more important to have the line get penetration. If the Bills are going to play more man or abandon the Cover 2 altogether, then I'd agree LB would be a priority. But for now, the line needs to be concentrated on.

Stroud is getting old, and the other 2 guys aren't the run-stuffer, double-team types that this D needs. I think it's imperative that the Bills get a guy to take over for Stroud in the upcoming years. As for the LBs, in the Cover 2 that the Bills run, you don't need stellar LB play- it's more important to have the line get penetration. If the Bills are going to play more man or abandon the Cover 2 altogether, then I'd agree LB would be a priority. But for now, the line needs to be concentrated on.

I understand what you're saying, but watching the games I'd say d-line play hasn't been the problem. In general, the LBs have been poor in recognizing their run fits and making tackles once the play comes in their direction. They have also been weak in coverage (which the cover 2 emphasizes from the LBs) and have failed to make plays when blitzing (with the exception of Mitchell vs. Tampa Bay).

Stroud, to me, looks like he's got plenty of life in him, and I believe that concentrating on the future at a position of strength instead of improving serious deficiencies at LB and OT would be a mistake.

But that's just my opinion.

I understand what you're saying, but watching the games I'd say d-line play hasn't been the problem. In general, the LBs have been poor in recognizing their run fits and making tackles once the play comes in their direction. They have also been weak in coverage (which the cover 2 emphasizes from the LBs) and have failed to make plays when blitzing (with the exception of Mitchell vs. Tampa Bay).

Stroud, to me, looks like he's got plenty of life in him, and I believe that concentrating on the future at a position of strength instead of improving serious deficiencies at LB and OT would be a mistake.

But that's just my opinion.

You make a good point... perhaps I'm overstating Stroud's age, because he has been playing well, as have Johnson and Williams... And the LB play has been subpar overall...

Ok, I'll amend my list: I still think OT has to be the #1 concern- Bell may be good down the road, and Butler is already good, but frail- getting more depth at this position is imperative, in my opinion. After that, OLB should be #2, with DT or DE being #3- I still think preparing for older guys on the line (Schobel, Stroud, Kelsay) to diminish needs to be anticipated, but I do think you are right that the DLine has shown that that day isn't imminent- maybe its 2 years away instead of 1.

1- OT

2- DT

3- DE

I don't care if Montana is taking snaps- until the trenches improve, this team goes nowhere.

+1,000,000

After all the crap we've been through the last 10 years, I can't believe people are crying for a new QB. It's the lines, stupid.

Also, if Witherspoon, that OLB from Missouri is available, I would take him in round 1 if he grades that high. This scheme would improve dramatically if we had an OLB that could cover like a safety.

QB-LB-OT

At this point, based on the answers I've heard so far and the talent available at each position, I'm tempted to go with this for the initial mock draft.

QB- (Thin Tebow, Colt McCoy, Dan LeFevour)

OLB-(Think George Selvie, Eric Norwood, Sean Lee)

OT-(Think Matt Reynolds, Gabe Carimi)

Thanks. We'll do this once every 3 weeks or so. Check in at www.DraftTek.com later in the week to see what the computer selects for each team based on these positional needs assessments and our Big Board, which is based on 4 or 5 different websites and several draftniks.

Astro