Crabtree

/dev/null

Crabtree  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Crabtree

• Crazy Like A Fox
    • Dumbass

I voted dumbass however Kiper said on Mike & Mike recently that he's still better than any receiver coming out of college next year & will be a 1st rounder.

He won't be at the combine and he won't be able to work out for a team until draft day. With his injury and attitude I think a lot of teams will be wary of using a first round pick. If he is a first round pick it's going to be late first round. JMO

Watching one of the NFL shows this week (can't recall which one), they were talking about Crabtree. Mike Lombardi said he can't be traded until he signs a contract. So, he's not going anywhere anytime soon. Currently the 49'ers own his rights so he's theirs. If he doesn't sign and decides to re-enter the draft, he can't talk to or work out for any team until a week before next year's draft.

Interestingly, he also said that he could recoup his "lost" money next year even if drafted in the 20's or so. It would all depend upon bonuses, salary structures, and the like in his contract.

I voted huge friggin idiot.

If he signs a new contract and then is traded the 49ers are on the hook for his signing bonus, IIRC. I don't see that happening this year without some really creative accounting.

Also, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere he can't talk to or work out for any teams until draft day.

He was visibly relieved to see the Faders didn't draft him. It would be hilarious if his re-entry in the draft caused him to be drafted by the Faders. :unsure:

I voted dumbass however Kiper said on Mike & Mike recently that he's still better than any receiver coming out of college next year & will be a 1st rounder.

WWVABeach, Whether he is better or not isn't the issue. Teams interested in getting a receiver with their first pick are going to be wary of him because of his judgment. After visiting Cleveland last year for a pre-draft interview the organization was turned off with his attitude. They passed on him. What happens if another receiver gets picked ahead of him, like this year? Is he still going to demand getting paid more because he feels that he is better than an earlier pick?

Is Crabtree better than Howard-Bey, the receiver picked ahead of him? Most evaluators say yes. But lunatic Al Davis picked a faster receiver than Crabtree. That is his choice, whether it is right or wrong remains to be seen.

Is Crabtree a high first round talent? Yes. Without a doubt. However, I would be very reluctant to want him on my team. As I stated on an earlier posting he has the right to make stupid decisions. It is his life and career.