Bills Car Magnet

BfloBillsFan

Last time I was in town, I saw the M&T car magnet with the Standing Buffalo on it. Anyone know where I can find one these days? There aren't any on Ebay and M&T has switched the style. Would love to drive around Detroit with one!

Last time I was in town, I saw the M&T car magnet with the Standing Buffalo on it. Anyone know where I can find one these days? There aren't any on Ebay and M&T has switched the style. Would love to drive around Detroit with one!

Be sure to move'em around from time to time. You can suffer subtle, but noticable fading under certain light conditions.

The real paint finish damage occurs because of trapped, condensing humidity. Exposure to condensing humidity is one of the accelerated weathering tests utilized in the coatings biz:

QCT Condensation Tester:

http://www.q-lab.com/QCT.html

Be sure to move'em around from time to time. You can suffer subtle, but noticable fading under certain light conditions.

The real paint finish damage occurs because of trapped, condensing humidity. Exposure to condensing humidity is one of the accelerated weathering tests utilized in the coatings biz:

QCT Condensation Tester:

Most random response... ever.

QCT Condensation Tester:

Thanks for the input, as soon as I get one, I will be sure to do that. I just need to find one first!

QCT Condensation Tester:

Nice call. My neighbor has a 2007 black caddy w/ vetern ribbon magnets all over it. He took them off to wash the other day and I saw the faded marks all over it. The guy was almost in tears.

Nice call. My neighbor has a 2007 black caddy w/ vetern ribbon magnets all over it. He took them off to wash the other day and I saw the faded marks all over it. The guy was almost in tears.

He's fortunate that the clearcoat wasn't blistered and turned cloudy. Everything today is basecoat/clearcoat, even solid shades.

The outer clearcoat is particularly susceptible to humidity damage - pigments play a substantial part in damage resistance - and by definition, clearcoats have none. The unshared pair of electrons of the oxygen atom in free H20 is very reactive.

OTOH, the clearcoat has its' own superior characteristics, compared to the older 1-coat (typically alkyd melamine resins) automotive paint. We no longer worry about "chalking", and waxing is nowhere as important as in years past.

Black is problematical, for reasons known to paint formulators and during the manufacturing processes. Red shades, too, ever since lead pigmentation was tossed into the scrap heap. I'm no longer up to speed on the current state, though, so take my words about those with a grain of salt...

My son works detail at a Basil dealership. They see a lot of this