Jim Kelly or Phil Simms

nuklz2594

Jim Kelly is in the Hall of Fame and was great. My question is this, who was a better quarterback, Kelly or Simms? Would we have won a Super Bowl with Simms as our quarterback instead of Kelly? The impression that I have of Simms is that he is/was a more disciplined and a harder worker than Kelly.

Your thoughts?

Jim Kelly is in the Hall of Fame and was great. My question is this, who was a better quarterback, Kelly or Simms? Would we have won a Super Bowl with Simms as our quarterback instead of Kelly? The impression that I have of Simms is that he is/was a more disciplined and a harder worker than Kelly.

Your thoughts?

Nuklz2594 = Ken Linseman? J/K :rolleyes:

We would have won Superbowl 25, if someone had tackled Mark Ingram

From USA Today:

B 32 3–13 Hostetler 14 pass to Ingram middle (caught at B 26, then broke two tackles) (J. Williams).

From Wikipedia:

Ingram was drafted by the Giants in the first round (28th overall) in the 1987 NFL Draft. He is probably best known for a third down play in Super Bowl XXV in which he eluded at least five Buffalo Bills defenders to achieve a critical first down for the Giants to sustain a long touchdown drive.

We would have won Superbowl 25, if someone had tackled Mark Ingram

From USA Today:

B 32 3–13 Hostetler 14 pass to Ingram middle (caught at B 26, then broke two tackles) (J. Williams).

From Wikipedia:

Ingram was drafted by the Giants in the first round (28th overall) in the 1987 NFL Draft. He is probably best known for a third down play in Super Bowl XXV in which he eluded at least five Buffalo Bills defenders to achieve a critical first down for the Giants to sustain a long touchdown drive.

So your vote goes to Hostetler?

Your thoughts?

Kelly by 100 miles... the better questions is not Kelly v. Simms, but Levy v. Parcells. How many SBs would we have won if he was our coach. Levy got outcoached in each SB!

Your thoughts?

Why do you think he "worked harder then Kelly"?? Simms went something like 22 of 26 in the '86 SB to easily out play John Elway and help the Giants roll to their first SB win. Jimbo could not accomplish a game like that in any of his 4 straight SB's. In that one HUGE aspect, Simms comes out ahead. However, Kelly was way tougher, had a much stronger arm and ran the K-Gun no huddle offense to perfection, excepet of course during those 4 season ending "games." in a row.

So this is a tough question. Nothing can ever be more important to a QB then even just one SB WIN. That's why Hall of Famer Jim Kelly should have been fortunate enough to at least won one of those 4. Look at some of those rummies like Hostetler, Dilfer, Brad Johnson and Mark Rypien. Certainly none of them better then journeymen NFL QB's, but SB WINNERS all.

Final summation, those 4 CONSECUTIVE AFC Championships will never again be equalled in my humble opinion. Teams can barely string two consecutive seasons over .500 in today's NFL, much less be able to win 4 straight trips to the SB with free agency and the salary cap. (Soon to be followed by a non-capped season and lock-out or strike.) So for being the swashbuckling play calling strong armed QB of those amazing teams to play in 4 straight SB's, despite the fact Simms had one of the very best games any SB winning QB has ever had, Kelly comes out as the overall better QB. :lol::rolleyes: