For those who like to compare/contrast

Beerball

Not that we should care about power ratings (particularly at this time of the year), but the Bills actually slipped from #21 to #23 after Sunday's victory, in The Sporting News rankings.

Dunno if this link will work, but it is on page 7 of today's (9/22/09) Sporting News Daily:

http://today.sportingnews.com/sportingnews...dff57d780d4d169

Kind of ridiculous. But the Bills always play better as underdogs.

The actuality is the Bills should probably sit at 15 or so. I think they are a dangerous team and their offense will just better as the season goes on (so long as no one gets injured). But, like in past years, I worry that their inability to win the Time of possession battle will come back to haunt them as the season wears on.

In any event, I think the Bills will be competitive against the Saints. And if we had beat the Patriots, everyone would be looking for a competitive game.

Our defense generally prepares well for these types of games. And if there is a team that should be able to gameplan effectively for a pass heavy attack, it is the Bills. It will all boil down to how often the Bills can disrupt Bree's timing. I think that McGee will be adequate against Colston (Colston is good, but no Randy Moss). I think that Shockey will end up being the biggest disruption.

Any news of whether or not McKelvin will play? I would like to see Corner playing nickel back.