Who is Jonathan Scott?

While reading one of the game accounts in the local paper, I saw where the writer referred to Jonathan Scott as a "journeyman."

Now I don't know about you but when I hear that term, I think more about players like Seth McKinney...guys who've kicked around the league for years. Scott seems pretty physically gifted. He's also relatively young. Certainly he has a prototypical tackle body.

So IMO, Jonathan Scott doesn't fit the profile of a journeyman. From Scouts Inc:

Birth Date January 10, 1983

Birth Place Dallas, TX

Height 6-6

Weight 318 lbs.

Age 26

Position OT

Experience 3 years

College Texas

Comment: A big body with above-average athleticism, Scott has been a backup during his first two seasons in the league but has shown flashes of effectiveness. He is still raw and needs to improve his hand use, body positioning and strength. He isn't a powerful player as a run blocker and fails to anchor effectively against bull-rushers in pass protection. He does show decent quickness to open, turn and pull across the formation or get out on the perimeter. He has been inconsistent in terms of reaction but has improved in this area from his rookie season. Scott is a steady effort player but needs to improve his intensity and ability to finish. He doesn't always stay connected and needs to work with better knee bend. He has the tools to become a productive player along the offensive line but needs to become more powerful and better utilize his quickness and athletic ability.

IIRC, quite a few posters in here wanted the Bills to burn a high draft pick on him the year he came out. Coming from the University of Bust, I had to say NO.... but the price to get him now was certainly right. Gotta replay the game, from what I saw at the sports bar, he got beat for one sack but didn't look like a disaster.

My concern is that with Butler in we seemed to be able to run the ball better but many times towards Bells side or middle. Hoping Scott can run block Butler injury looked like its going to take sometime.

some game reviews note that Scott played well when he came on.. my opinion was that he wasn't doing a great job keeping Trent clean, and the runs to the right weren't gaining much either. Coach Kugler needs to work on him some more..

While reading one of the game accounts in the local paper, I saw where the writer referred to Jonathan Scott as a "journeyman."

Now I don't know about you but when I hear that term, I think more about players like Seth McKinney...guys who've kicked around the league for years. Scott seems pretty physically gifted. He's also relatively young. Certainly he has a prototypical tackle body.

Just to clarify...

Journeyman - an experienced reliable worker, athlete, or performer especially as distinguished from one who is brilliant or colorful <a good journeyman trumpeter — New Yorker> <a journeyman outfielder>

The correct term should have been "journeyman-caliber" player. But it's a little too early to stick him with that label.

Coming off the bench with no starter's reps, he allowed 1 sack, on a ball Trent held WAY too long, and the Bills didn't really attempt to run much to the right. I counted 3 plays to the right (right guard, to be exact). One of them was a 2 yard loss, on FJ's fumble, and the other 2 were on the Bills' final drive, with one going for 43 yards and the other a 2 yard loss.

Just to clarify...

Journeyman - an experienced reliable worker, athlete, or performer especially as distinguished from one who is brilliant or colorful <a good journeyman trumpeter — New Yorker> <a journeyman outfielder>

Actually no clarification needed. I'm a journeyman electrician. A journeyman construction worker is someone who has graduated from an apprenticeship and has years on the job, is competent, and is part of that temporary work force that is the commercial/industrial construction business. As such a journeyman has typically worked for and been laid off a few times in his career. He's worked at different sites, for different companies, and sometimes in different cities.

Jonathan Scott was on the practice squad last year and is 26 years old. He doesn't qualify as a journeyman. Jonathan Scott is more of an apprentice. That is my point. Now Seth McKinney? He's a journeyman.