shawn nelson needs to start

ishouldbegm

Guest dog14787

Shawn Nelson made some crucial blocks and scores a spectacular TD in his first game, I'm not sure you should or could expect much more from a Rookie.

We're rebuilding, and we're not going to be building anything without some talent.

Let the kids play let's see what happens. Of course he won't, because our lukewarm head coach loves lukewarm players, so we'll have fine, schouman, denney, Ellison, and the half dozen other stiffs we have starting

We're rebuilding, and we're not going to be building anything without some talent.

Let the kids play let's see what happens. Of course he won't, because our lukewarm head coach loves lukewarm players, so we'll have fine, schouman, denney, Ellison, and the half dozen other stiffs we have starting

Good point. Let him learn on the field, as he held his own blocking for most part, and is by far the best receiving TE on the roster.

Giving him the first team reps in practice will go a long way in helping him on the field as well. Getting out of the no-huddle would go a long way as well.

Guest dog14787
I was wondering why he didn't figure more into the passing game. Even with his rawness.

I'll bet his role increases week to week until he's the main guy at the TE position.

I also wouldn't mind seeing some Jonathan Stupar during the regular season with the starters.