Dicky, oh Dicky

iluk92

I was watching this game vs the mighty Pats with low expectations to begin with. I actually thought the Defense was going to be ok... it was. Some might say it was better than ok. I believe in Fred Jackson and he was huge (watch out Lynch). There was a lot of positives and negatives to take from this game.

I can deal with many of the negatives. I can deal with rookies in the offensive line costing us yards. I can deal with a rather conservative play calling from a man that just took over those duties last week. I can to a lesser extent deal with dropped passes from our receivers. I can even deal with an over zealous young corner that was the best returner last year coming out of the endzone for a return, even though the "hands" team was blocking for him. After all, he did make it well passed the 20.

So with all these things that I can deal with what is it that I am struggling with? Something that happened after the game was over. It was a TV shot of our embattled Dick Jauron. Looking into the "nothingless". As if he was wondering when the 5th quarter was going to start. No emotion. Dick Vermiel would have cried (that's an emotion), Chucky would have been cussing up a storm. Dicky? NOTHING. McKelvin may have been embarrassed to go back to the bench after the fumble but he was not scared. Why would he be? Would you be scared of a statue of an old man? Can you imagine McKelvin having to walk back to the bench with Coach Dikta or Coach Parcells or Coach Cowher waiting for him? I don't know about you but I think ball security is a little more prevalent when you have those characters waiting for you by the bench.

It's all good Bills players. False starts, offensive interference, easy passes dropped, bad special teams decisions, poor ball security... It's all good. No fear,

Dicky is Here.

would be a nice neighbor...someone who sells insurance, or a family doctor.

He's always reminded me of a college professor........all he needs is a sweater-vest and a pair of those Ben Franklin glasses, and we can send him back to Yale to teach Phiosophy or something.