FML

The Big Cat

Awesome avatar, Woody.

Thanks Deano, I took your advice with some of the H.S. Thompson books. I've read Fear and Loathing Las Vegas, The Rum Diary-- which was better than I expected, and the Hell's Angels-- which started slow but eventually turned out to be very good. I'm gonna take a little break from his books because I just picked up Tony Dungy's Quiet Strength. I've heard the Curse of Lono is very good, but what would you recommend?

Thanks Deano, I took your advice with some of the H.S. Thompson books. I've read Fear and Loathing Las Vegas, The Rum Diary-- which was better than I expected, and the Hell's Angels-- which started slow but eventually turned out to be very good. I'm gonna take a little break from his books because I just picked up Tony Dungy's Quiet Strength. I've heard the Curse of Lono is very good, but what would you recommend?

Lono is very good, IMO.

If you like politics you can't go wrong with F&L on the Campaign Trail.

I really enjoyed his collection of articles/short stories: Generation of Swine: Tales of Shame and Degradation in the '80s and Songs of the Doomed : More Notes on the Death of the American Dream. They are great bathroom books, that can be read when you don't have much time.

EDIT: But if you are looking for more tales of degradation, from a different perspective, I'd recommend a little Bukowski. Try Factotum or Post Office, for starters.