BILLS O FOR THE PATS D ?

b-dynasty

I think we match up well with the Pats on both sides of the ball. On defense, if we get production out of Maybin, and I believe we will, we should be pretty solid. On offense we should be able to exploit the Pats D. The Pats still have the edge over our D and anyone else, but if Brady isn't playing like Brady the Pats are in SERIOUS trouble.

I don't think we match up well with the Pats necessarily because we are that good, but more because they are NOT that good. I see them as the most overrated team the NFL has ever had since I started watching it some 20+ years ago. On offense, yes they are scary, but it all hinges on Tom Brady. Their defense is so porous that if Matt Cassel was starting this year, they would be hard pressed to finish with a winning record. Everyone wants to talk about how awesome Matt Cassel was as a replacement but lets just consider - in 1 season, minus Tom Brady, the Patriots were a worse team by FIVE games. That is a HUGE drop-off. Imagine what everyone on this board would be saying if the Bills went 4-12 this year. It would hardly be considered a successful season, and thus and especially considering they missed the playoffs, I don't see how last year can be seen as anything but abysmal failure for the Pats.

They had an excellent team surrounding Tom Brady, but without Mr. Solid Gold Passer Man, they dropped off by a margin that would be intolerable to pretty much any GM or owner in the league. Don't you think it's funny how the Pats would trade Matt Cassel for so little if they felt he was a good QB? They knew that he wasn't. He found comparable success to other teams because he played on the best team in the league, but by Patriots standards he really stunk hard. Any time a new QB results in 5 fewer wins than the season before, you have to question how effective that QB really was. Yea he put up big numbers in some games, because teams have a hard time getting pressure on Pats QBs and matching up with their receivers. But there are a few teams who can give that O line some problems and when that happens the wheels come off the Pats wagon with startling haste.

If Tom Brady is not 100% on his game, the Pats are going to be in dire jeopardy.

I think we match up well with the Pats on both sides of the ball. On defense, if we get production out of Maybin, and I believe we will, we should be pretty solid. On offense we should be able to exploit the Pats D. The Pats still have the edge over our D and anyone else, but if Brady isn't playing like Brady the Pats are in SERIOUS trouble.

I don't think we match up well with the Pats necessarily because we are that good, but more because they are NOT that good. I see them as the most overrated team the NFL has ever had since I started watching it some 20+ years ago. On offense, yes they are scary, but it all hinges on Tom Brady. Their defense is so porous that if Matt Cassel was starting this year, they would be hard pressed to finish with a winning record. Everyone wants to talk about how awesome Matt Cassel was as a replacement but lets just consider - in 1 season, minus Tom Brady, the Patriots were a worse team by FIVE games. That is a HUGE drop-off. Imagine what everyone on this board would be saying if the Bills went 4-12 this year. It would hardly be considered a successful season, and thus and especially considering they missed the playoffs, I don't see how last year can be seen as anything but abysmal failure for the Pats.

They had an excellent team surrounding Tom Brady, but without Mr. Solid Gold Passer Man, they dropped off by a margin that would be intolerable to pretty much any GM or owner in the league. Don't you think it's funny how the Pats would trade Matt Cassel for so little if they felt he was a good QB? They knew that he wasn't. He found comparable success to other teams because he played on the best team in the league, but by Patriots standards he really stunk hard. Any time a new QB results in 5 fewer wins than the season before, you have to question how effective that QB really was. Yea he put up big numbers in some games, because teams have a hard time getting pressure on Pats QBs and matching up with their receivers. But there are a few teams who can give that O line some problems and when that happens the wheels come off the Pats wagon with startling haste.

If Tom Brady is not 100% on his game, the Pats are going to be in dire jeopardy.

Dude, you have lost your mind. I hope I am wrong..... but I am not.

last year, even without son-of-the-devil (Brady) and a featured running back, some backup QB who had never started a game since high school and a RB named after a law firm still humiliated what is essentially still the same defense.

it's really hard to have any sense of optimism whatsoever.

The fact of the matter is the Patriots don't win with talent alone and never have. They are superbly coached and prepared and they are as tough as nails mentally. The BILLS have been pretty much the opposite for a very long time.

Excuse me?

This organization has been as tough as nails for years...

Jamie Nails, that is.

ok let me put it this way... it's 3rd and 5 and the bills are at the 50 yard line. trent has lined up on both sides t.o , stevie j and lee with nelson as the opiton up the middle. put in freddie in there. who do the pats line up with on the d side huh.gif

Pats show blitz, causing Evans to switch to a hot route over the middle, but the blitz fails to materialize. Bell misses a block, and hits Edwards as he throws towards Evans, now covered, causing a wobbly pass to be intercepted by Jerod Mayo.