Golden Dome

Mustang

I have a been a Notre Dame fan since I was a little kid. I was able to get tickets for this weekends game against Pitt after having no luck for years. Making the 8 hour dive from WNY to South Bend and wanted to know if anyone has been there and if so where to go before and after the game.

I heard the Linebacker club is a good time. Does anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

They should hire Spurrier, reschedule the Miami rivalry and make themselves relevant again.

113440[/snapback]

Uh, become relevant by hiring a pro-wash out and scheduling a team that has lost to UNC and Clemson in back to back weeks (and would have lost 3 in a row if Louisville's QB hadn't gotten hurt)?

Thanks, but ND is plenty relevant and plays a harder schedule than Miami every year.

Uh, become relevant by hiring a pro-wash out and scheduling a team that has lost to UNC and Clemson in back to back weeks (and would have lost 3 in a row if Louisville's QB hadn't gotten hurt)?

Thanks, but ND is plenty relevant and plays a harder schedule than Miami every year.

Let me tell ya, as an avid Cane fan, I wish that series was never cancelled. It was good for both teams and good for college football. Too bad the school pres wussed out.

I'm not comparing schedules, and yeah, Miami isn't as good this year as they have been, but 18 NFL picks in 3 years will do that to you.

I say hire Spurrier because his system WILL work in college. He'd have ND playing dominant football within 3 years. They'd be back competing for the national title. As a Cane fan, I do root for ND, I want to see the rematch of ND-Miami with the national title on the line. What a friggin game that would be. Every year I hope for that game, or at least a Miami-ND bowl matchup. I'm hoping it could happen this year.

I have a been a Notre Dame fan since I was a little kid. I was able to get tickets for this weekends game against Pitt after having no luck for years. Making the 8 hour dive from WNY to South Bend and wanted to know if anyone has been there and if so where to go before and after the game. 

I heard the Linebacker club is a good time. Does anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

113287[/snapback]

Going to an ND football game makes you understand why so many people like college football more than pro. If we had college football in the Northeast, we'd all feel the same way. The rivalries are fierce, and yet the atmosphere at the tailgates, which always have tons of oopposing fans, is good clean rivalry. (I know this doesn't apply for all rivalries.)

Anyway, I agree with an earlier post. Walk the campus on Saturday morning early- it's a lot of fun. BTW, if you are heading to the bookstore (to get a t-shirt or hat or whatnot), do it Friday night before all the people arrive for the game on Saturday. I made the mistake of going to the bookstore on Friday and Saturday, and on Saturday, it was mobbed.

113484[/snapback]

Yeah especially all those service academies. I'm surpirsed ND doesnt schedule games against The Coast Guard Academy and the Merchant Marine. Lets not forget the Civil Air Partrol.

113484[/snapback]

Yeah especially all those service academies. I'm surpirsed ND doesnt schedule games against The Coast Guard Academy and the Merchant Marine. Lets not forget the Civil Air Partrol.

113753[/snapback]

Yep...and Miami played Louisana Tech and Houston this year. A combined 7-11 this year in the Western Atlantic and Conf. USA respectively. I would put Air Force and Navy against those schools any day. Besides, How many top ten schools has Miami beat this year. Let me tell you. Zero

ND has beaten two

and who dropped whom from the schedule? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Actually I think that one was mutual.

I don't think that either team cares if they play each other. Miami has the ACC and ND has NBC. Both are winners...

Yeah and the fans wanting to see the game are the losers. :D

Actually I think that one was mutual.

Yeah and the fans wanting to see the game are the losers. :D

113810[/snapback]

nope. not mutual

Just like the Gators dropped Miami for "a stronger SEC schedule"

Yeah, the priests at ND got concerned because of the fight that happened in the tunnel befor ethe game. The Miami folks concurred, said lets cool it off, and that was that. No big scandal, at least not that I can remember. If you know differently, enlighten me.

113287[/snapback]

Mustang....welcome to the Bend. You picked a great one to come out to since the last home game of the year is always pretty crazy and we are coming off a sweet win.

For before the game, I would suggest tailgating at the parking lots closest to the stadium. Look for a building in the middle of the parking lot, its a bar called Legends. You can hang out in there for awhile and get some brews before the game or just walk around the lot: there is a lot of action around there. We are trying to throw together a tailgate in the student lot (by the radio tower) but that is pretty far away.

After the game, yeah the linebacker is probably the place to go. Alumni love it and it becomes the most popular bar after home games. Its pretty grimy but a great time. Other bars: Boat Club, Finnigans, Corby's...a few more.

Hope you enjoy your time. I am a senior and this is my last home game and it is really sad to realize that I won't have "season tickets" next year. Although we haven't had the kind of success ND is accustomed to, I wouldn't trade anything for the 20+ games I have seen in that stadium. Let me know if you need anything else.

GO IRISH!!!

Bart

BTW - I didnt think of it because it is not all that appealing as a student, but I agree with what the others said about walking around the campus. Its a very awe-inspiring place if you have never been here (at least I thought I was when I first got here). And definitely check out the bookstore....its like the Nordstroms of bookstores. It has everything ND you could dream of.....if you dont mind payin about a 400% markup :D

Edited by BART at ND

This isn't about Miami - ND.  Its about wanting to see Miami - ND where it counts, on the field.

113786[/snapback]

I too miss the Miami series. I can say that I probably hate Miami more than any other school (well maybe a tie with BC... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: BC) because I grew up watching that series. There have been some amazing games between us. I will say that this may not happen since ND is looking to soften their schedule. Big conference teams can talk all they want but it is no joke to play teams that at one time in the season were ranked:

#7- Michigan

#9- Tennessee

#5- Purdue

#21- BC

#1- Southern Cal

Plus I believe both Pitt and Navy were damn close to being ranked (26-30) and I thought one of them might have cracked the top 25.

I DO look forward to getting Penn State back though in 2 years. I miss that rivalry as well.

peace

113287[/snapback]

You definitely need to get there early.

A few things you should check out on campus. First, check out the Joyce Center across from the stadium. Upstairs are all the trophies and awards. The National Championships and the Heismans are up there.

You should also catch the band stepping off from the middle of campus to the stadium.

Lastly, you have to check out the Basilica. It is one of nicest churches.

Linebacker is fun after the game. Have a blast.