Deja Vu of the Fairchild firing

Got_Wood

Everyone was excited about bringing in a new guy, and apparently Turk Schonert just couldn't wait to unleash this amazing passing attack we supposedly were going to have. The west coast offense was going to thrive and we were going to make the playoffs. Blah blah blah.

But... Jauron is still at the helm.

Once again, until Russ Brandon gets to make his own moves without Wilson and Jauron making decisions... this team will not move forward. A true GM gets to bring in his own staff and make his own personnel moves.

I still like the players we've got on the field, but I just can't believe that this staff will carry us to the promise land.

Everyone was excited about bringing in a new guy, and apparently Turk Schonert just couldn't wait to unleash this amazing passing attack we supposedly were going to have. The west coast offense was going to thrive and we were going to make the playoffs. Blah blah blah.

But... Jauron is still at the helm.

Once again, until Russ Brandon gets to make his own moves without Wilson and Jauron making decisions... this team will not move forward. A true GM gets to bring in his own staff and make his own personnel moves.

I still like the players we've got on the field, but I just can't believe that this staff will carry us to the promise land.

Err...Fairchild left to go to Colorado.

The second time. The first time he was fired, IIRC.

Round and round the franchise goes...

No, he's correct.

I no longer know if these guys (coordinators) are idiots or not. I thought Mularkey was an imbecile, and now he's flying high in atlanta. And I was convinced Gilbride was a rocks for brains, and he since won a Super Bowl.

No, he's correct.

I no longer know if these guys (coordinators) are idiots or not. I thought Mularkey was an imbecile, and now he's flying high in atlanta. And I was convinced Gilbride was a rocks for brains, and he since won a Super Bowl.

You guys are right, he did leave. But I'm sure Jauron was ready to let him go to save himself.

I personally loved Mularkey when he was here. We might have ended up a completely different team had he stayed around.

But, until Russ can take then entire staff out and start fresh, we won't be headed in the right direction. The players are good. We just need the right staff to guide them.

I think Ralph was embarrassed about the Lions game - - that IS an important game to him - preseason or not. I would bet he called DJ and said to fire Turk - - and - if you don't - you're fired. He did that with Kay Stephenson, Wade Phillips and most recently Mike M. No sense to it - just his way!

No, he's correct.

Hmmm, you don't suppose talent had something to do with it, do you? You know, like not having a legitimate QB since Kelly?

Dick Jauron: 5 offensive coordinators in 9 seasons of coaching.

How's that for a track record?

All of them incredibly bad.

not sure if any of them got any comparable jobs after serving under Dick - but his stifling philosphy is as much to blame as his specific hires.