2009 Season Starts This Week

Mark Vader

I love this time of year.

We're just 2 weeks away from the NFL regular season, but College Football kicks off this week.

The big question is, can anybody stop Florida? We'll see how their season plays out.

This is my favorite part of the college season. I know a lot of fans love the great rivalries in this sport, I do too, but the non-conference games are far more exciting to me. It's just great to see the big name/big ranked teams going up against each other. And this opening week does not disappoint. Here's what we have to look forward too.

Thursday

Boise State Vs. Oregon

Saturday

Oklahoma State Vs. Georgia

Brigham Young Vs. Oklahoma

Alabama Vs. Virginia Tech

Looks like a lot of fun will be had in those games. Anybody got any predictions on how these games turn out this week?

I know R.Rich must have an opinion on that. Enjoy the season everyone.

I love this time of year.

We're just 2 weeks away from the NFL regular season, but College Football kicks off this week.

The big question is, can anybody stop Florida? We'll see how their season plays out.

This is my favorite part of the college season. I know a lot of fans love the great rivalries in this sport, I do too, but the non-conference games are far more exciting to me. It's just great to see the big name/big ranked teams going up against each other. And this opening week does not disappoint. Here's what we have to look forward too.

Thursday

Boise State Vs. Oregon

Saturday

Oklahoma State Vs. Georgia

Brigham Young Vs. Oklahoma

Alabama Vs. Virginia Tech

Looks like a lot of fun will be had in those games. Anybody got any predictions on how these games turn out this week?

I know R.Rich must have an opinion on that. Enjoy the season everyone.

Yeah, I love this time of year also. With the sad state of the bills, I have been into college football even more in recent years. This years opening weekend is some must see tv. I think I like Oregon over Boise thursday, always tough to win on the blue carpet though. I am starting to lean towards Georgia saturday but that should be a good one. I think Oklahoma will kill BYU & I like V Tech in the upset over Alabama.

I always have a big party the opening saturday of college football. My wife takes the kids to her dad's cottage on chattaqua(sp) lake for the weekend & about 8 of my friends come over. Most of them usually come over by 10:30 or 11, we get a keg, grill out most of the day & bet every game we can. It is one of my favorite days of the year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.