The Players Have Taken on Jauron's Personality

DFITZ1

I've only watched one preseason game (HOF) and read the play by play and "Crime Scene Investigation" of the others and its easy to conclude that Jaurons personality has simply morphed its way into all the players. Heck, Edwards never made excuses like this last year. He's now sounding like Jauron, and so is teh rest of the team. Jauron is conservative, passive, unaggressive, lax, accepting of bad fate (remember Bobby April screaming at a ref after a bad call, but DJ just stared like a deer on headlights), everything you can't have in a head coach.

Sure the players love playing for him, because he doesn't hold them accountable. Hey, players didn't like playing for Parcells, but they did because he made them winners.

The time to can Jauron is now while there is still time for someone, anyone, to step in and light a fire under this team. My bet is they would even welcome it. Remember what Mike Singletary did to the Niners' last year. His theatrics were over the top, but he put the slackers on notice to step up or step out, and he wasn't afraid to call you out. Do it now Ralph, while there is still time to prepare for the Pats. I am sick of Belichek showing the rest of the NFL that Bills coaches aren't even fit to carry his clipboard.

Perhaps Bobby April can step in or someone. Heck, see if Turner Gill would mind working a few Sunday afternoons at teh Ralph.

Right now, if Jauron stays, look for the UB Bulls to be the standard of excellence in WNY football (not that I mind that).

I've only watched one preseason game (HOF) and read the play by play and "Crime Scene Investigation" of the others and its easy to conclude that Jaurons personality has simply morphed its way into all the players. Heck, Edwards never made excuses like this last year. He's now sounding like Jauron, and so is teh rest of the team. Jauron is conservative, passive, unaggressive, lax, accepting of bad fate (remember Bobby April screaming at a ref after a bad call, but DJ just stared like a deer on headlights), everything you can't have in a head coach.

Sure the players love playing for him, because he doesn't hold them accountable. Hey, players didn't like playing for Parcells, but they did because he made them winners.

The time to can Jauron is now while there is still time for someone, anyone, to step in and light a fire under this team. My bet is they would even welcome it. Remember what Mike Singletary did to the Niners' last year. His theatrics were over the top, but he put the slackers on notice to step up or step out, and he wasn't afraid to call you out. Do it now Ralph, while there is still time to prepare for the Pats. I am sick of Belichek showing the rest of the NFL that Bills coaches aren't even fit to carry his clipboard.

Perhaps Bobby April can step in or someone. Heck, see if Turner Gill would mind working a few Sunday afternoons at teh Ralph.

Right now, if Jauron stays, look for the UB Bulls to be the standard of excellence in WNY football (not that I mind that).

The problem is many of the vets have become soft. Jauron is an easy coach, doesn't demand much, doesn't run a tough camp or a tough team. Doesn't make them practice in tough conditions, doesn't really hold them accountable. If you are making hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars and doing it for a boss as soft as Jauron, would you want him gone?

When Jauron goes, we are going to need to clean house of some players as well to keep dissension from happening if we get a non players coach in there.

When Jauron goes, we are going to need to clean house of some players as well to keep dissension from happening if we get a non players coach in there.

If so, then let it begin now. I'd rather we lose by being aggressive, than by being passive. Every time we play the Pats, Jauron plays scared, and the players do the same and back off, giving the Pats free reign on offense. So many quick underneath passes going for 5+ yards because the CB's are playing 15 yards off. The Giants showed that you beat the Pats by being aggressive and going after them. Sit back, like Jauron, and they pick you part.

I gotta believe TO is not taking on his personality. Wait until he erupts a few times, might even be entertaining.

This is exactly what I hope TO does and why I'm glad the Bills went out to get TO.

This is exactly what I hope TO does and why I'm glad the Bills went out to get TO.

I completely agree with you and Lofton80. TO doesn't have it in him to lower himself to DJ's standards. The best thing he does for this team could very well be off the field if he leads a player uprising against this lame football strategy. We can only hope that DJ-Schonert don't see this as a threat and treat it like Levy-Marchibroda where they knew they could elevate their game by letting Kelly call plays. Like Colin Powell used to say, "Never hold back enthusiasm," Of course, our players need to get the enthusiam first. TO, do your thing!

The Players Have Taken on Jauron's Personality

I have to disagree, I was at Training Camp and I saw quite a few of them smile and move facial muscles. I have never seen stoneface Jauron do such a thing.

However, I couldn't believe DJ spanked the players when they got into a fight. Heck, I was thrilled, as well as the whole of WNY, I wish it could've been an all out brawl just to get some football mentality into these guys.

However, I couldn't believe DJ spanked the players when they got into a fight. Heck, I was thrilled, as well as the whole of WNY, I wish it could've been an all out brawl just to get some football mentality into these guys.

DJ is a terrible head coach. Finally some sign of life from the players and he stops it. Hopefully Wood, Puzzy, Maybin and TO can bring some nasty back to Bills football.