Turk on hot seat

Alphadawg7

It's not the plays. It's the QB. They could have Hines Ward, Randy Moss and Antonio Gates out there, and the offense would still suck because Trent doesn't get the ball to the receivers downfield. I'm sure Turk is calling plays that are designed to get downfield, but TE isn't getting it done.

I can't speak for GB, but I didn't see squat open downfield in the P'burgh game. Maybe Lee got free once on a deep out but Trent threw it 6' over his head.

Hard to get it downfield when Evans is being bracketed and nobody else can shake loose.

It's not the plays. It's the QB. They could have Hines Ward, Randy Moss and Antonio Gates out there, and the offense would still suck because Trent doesn't get the ball to the receivers downfield. I'm sure Turk is calling plays that are designed to get downfield, but TE isn't getting it done.
The receivers are part of the problem considering even Turk Schonert stated that opposing teams double Lee Evans and it shuts down the deep passing game.

But they are not the biggest problem, the biggest area of concern is the pass protection schemes and run blocking schemes, meaning the O line is not getting it done. Turk calling for 5-7 step drops calls for 4.0 seconds of pass blocking, tough to make anything happen when you only have 3 seconds.

Granted, Edwards didn't look very good, but neither did the the running game and special teams. The entire offense looked horrid to me, it was only after the Steelers put in their 3rd stringers did the Bills start to move the ball. Even then they still didn't even get a FG.