What if the No Huddle is a ruse?

I have never been the eternal optimist type, but after watching last night I am convinced the Bills cannot be that bad, and they are holding everything back for what they have instore for the Patriots and the opener.

They just can't be that bad.

Can they?

I am holding to a thread of hope that they can't. Please, Lord, let them be playing possum. I hope DJ has been saying, "OK, Trent in the preseason you have to perfect your clueless, deer in the headlights look. Make it look as if you don't dare to throw the ball more than 4 yards", then BANG! Super Bowl contender.

I gotta say I am a little frightened. Everything from One Bills Drive to the coversations at Two Bills Drive seems eerily familiar.

with a whole different offensive game plan? They aren't fooling me.

Yes, leave it to Jauron to come up with that one...

Instead of using the no-huddle during the regular season, they are gonna trick everyone by huddling...

Apparently Jauron doesn't understand the concept that this actually tricks noone, unless they do the reverse...

Hopefully they have been running the no-huddle at lightning speed in practice, and it's the slower pace that is trippinjg them up.

One of the major purposes of the no huddle was to not allow situational substitutions by the defense. This is done not necessarily by running plays at lightning speed but by getting to the line quickly so the defense couldn't run in substitutes. Running plays at lightning speed will just lead to faster 3 and outs.