A bit of perspective

transient

This is not meant as an excuse for our offensive futility. There are clearly problems. Magnifying these problems, however, is the fact that the Bills have played some pretty good defenses thus far. In 12 games, the defenses we've faced have given up a total of 10 points in the first quarter of those games. The Bills ineptitude has certainly padded that, but those are only four of the 12 quarters. The Steelers, Packers, and Bears combined have given up a total of 25 points in the first halves that they've played. That averages out to just over 6 points a game for those defenses if they were to keep that pace. I'm only using the first halves, as that likely covers first and second string for the preseason games. Hopefully seeing some stout defenses up front wake them up and allow them to find a way of fixing things early on. I know it's not much, but it is something to consider before stepping off of the ledge.

I'm just pissed beyond belief that Schobust couldn't stay flippin healthy....AGAIN.....and he ruins what COULD have been the best game by a Bills Defensive front in YEARS. Maybin is going to help a decent DE on the other side, and Schobel might have just missed his chance to resurrect his flailing career. How long is the douchebag hurt for this time?

Anyways, Stroud and the other !@#$ers better realize what they have staring them in the face with this Maybin kid, and learn goddam quick how to get past their SINGLE blocker from now on, because they are totally exposed now as the failures that they are. Here's to hoping they just got lazy, knowing that even their best efforts were never going to get them into the pocket in time for a sack, and now that they have a flippin GREAT pass rusher on the line with them, maybe they'll remember how to actually TRY again.

And, seriously, Terrell Owens. That's it, that's really all I should have to say. Terrell Owens. The Bills Offense isn't just missing a WR. They're missing Terrell flipping Owens. Trent is LOST without him, and it shows. Big whoop. We knew this was posssible. But Terrell Owens will be back SOON.

And if we're really lucky, the vastly improved pass rush (you know, the thing that makes the Tampa II go from Bust to Brilliance), along with the best WR to play the game in decades, just those two things combined, will help this team go from the seemingly hopeless bunch they are into a 9-7, maybe even a 10-6 team.

I'm just pissed beyond belief that Schobust couldn't stay flippin healthy....AGAIN.....and he ruins what COULD have been the best game by a Bills Defensive front in YEARS. Maybin is going to help a decent DE on the other side, and Schobel might have just missed his chance to resurrect his flailing career. How long is the douchebag hurt for this time?

Anyways, Stroud and the other !@#$ers better realize what they have staring them in the face with this Maybin kid, and learn goddam quick how to get past their SINGLE blocker from now on, because they are totally exposed now as the failures that they are. Here's to hoping they just got lazy, knowing that even their best efforts were never going to get them into the pocket in time for a sack, and now that they have a flippin GREAT pass rusher on the line with them, maybe they'll remember how to actually TRY again.

And, seriously, Terrell Owens. That's it, that's really all I should have to say. Terrell Owens. The Bills Offense isn't just missing a WR. They're missing Terrell flipping Owens. Trent is LOST without him, and it shows. Big whoop. We knew this was posssible. But Terrell Owens will be back SOON.

And if we're really lucky, the vastly improved pass rush (you know, the thing that makes the Tampa II go from Bust to Brilliance), along with the best WR to play the game in decades, just those two things combined, will help this team go from the seemingly hopeless bunch they are into a 9-7, maybe even a 10-6 team.

If the Bills cut Kelsay, I will be a believer again.

Should Kelsay start on opening day, with Maybin on the sideline and either Copeland or Chris Ellis playing for another team, well, I give up.