Anyone watch the Eagles play

Most convicted felons don't stroll out of the pen and land ANOTHER huge sum of money. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to get what he can, but lets not act like he picked himself back up by the boot straps.

He's doing what he knows how to do - period. Would you prefer he be in need and mug you somewhere?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my comment on that pre-season game hinges more on the fact that the eagles didn't game plan at all for jacksonville, rather they simply wanted to get vick on the field to run plays to get him some game experience........in other words, the coaches weren't concerned about the opponent...simply getting players some PT......

considering that you are a lawyer, i'll take your opinion for what it's worth (nothing)

You can say his opinion means nothing all you want, but Vick has a second chance and you need to quit hatin' - life is moving the f*&^ on whether you want to or not - fortunately, the choice was not yours. If we spent more time truly trying to rehabilitate people as opposed to teaching them how to be better criminals, the world would be a better place. Nobody is excusing what Vick did, but he killed dogs - not people! Killing dogs is lowlife and criminal, but is it NOT the same as taking a human life.

Seriously, too many people are on their high horse about Vick. I'm a prosecutor...have been for over 7 years now. Day in and day out, I send people to prison for crimes ranging from stealing a car right on up to attempted murder. These guys go in, do their time, and come out and do the same sh-- over and over again, sometimes they do worse. Give Vick some credit for trying to resume a normal life and make something of himself instead of being some low life convicted felon who continues a life of crime. He looked more comfortable that Edwards out there on the passes he threw.......... Oh, and Peters sucks.

The normal life you are talking about is the life of an NFL star. It is the same environment he was in when he committed his crimes. Do you find that the recidivistic types types return to the same lifestyle/environment they were in before?

You can say his opinion means nothing all you want, but Vick has a second chance and you need to quit hatin' - life is moving the f*&^ on whether you want to or not - fortunately, the choice was not yours. If we spent more time truly trying to rehabilitate people as opposed to teaching them how to be better criminals, the world would be a better place. Nobody is excusing what Vick did, but he killed dogs - not people! Killing dogs is lowlife and criminal, but is it NOT the same as taking a human life.

He also bankrolled a criminal organization, bet on illegal activities, and put money in allot of criminals pockets to help them continue their criminal activities. Just because the main function was dogs, doesn't mean it didn't affect or support criminals doing other activities. It's kind of like saying money laundering doesn't hurt anybody.

He also bankrolled a criminal organization, bet on illegal activities, and put money in allot of criminals pockets to help them continue their criminal activities. Just because the main function was dogs, doesn't mean it didn't affect or support criminals doing other activities. It's kind of like saying money laundering doesn't hurt anybody.

Don't forget using family pets to train his actual fighting dogs.

But he is such a nice guy who is just misunderstood.

My stance is that he should have been suspended longer, but Goodell let him in, so he can play. I support his right to do so, as according to the rules he can. Doesn't mean I cannot root against him, while considering him a contemptible human being.

see now if Vick was a US Senator and killed someone.....oh wait....wrong thread....in this one there is no forgiveness to someone who actually served time for his crimes...... :ph34r:

Didn't see me defending that scumbag. If Vick can stay a decent citizen for a few years, we can talk.

i agree, but we have to give him that chance to stay a decent citizen....this is that starting point...i hope he proves us all wrong and keeps clean....don't think he will, but I am gonna root for him to do so...

Didn't see me defending that scumbag. If Vick can stay a decent citizen for a few years, we can talk.

see now if Vick was a US Senator and killed someone.....oh wait....wrong thread....in this one there is no forgiveness to someone who actually served time for his crimes...... :ph34r:

Yes, he served his time, awful nice of him to volunteer for that. There are worse people out there, yes. I hope he doesn't revert back to criminal activities, and hope he is able to get to live a descent live if he does stay clean. But that doesn't change the fact that I will not watch an Eagles game again, or support any of their corporate sponsors with my money.

i get your stance...me personally, i don't have the energy to 'hate on' him...i will casually root for him to stay on the right path....but he is not anyone i spend to much time thinking about....

Yes, he served his time, awful nice of him to volunteer for that. There are worse people out there, yes. I hope he doesn't revert back to criminal activities, and hope he is able to get to live a descent live if he does stay clean. But that doesn't change the fact that I will not watch an Eagles game again, or support any of their corporate sponsors with my money.

My buddy is an Eagles fan and he said that Peters is a very good run blocker and a average pass blocker from what he has seen so far. He said that even if he is hurt (I mentioned he was hurt in 2007 and 2008 with the Bills that gave him cause for concern) he doesn't look like he can be anything better than slightly above average pass blocker with Philly.

Personally I feel Peters will play well for them but that he won't be a stud. Guy is a somewhat injury prone LT who can dominate at run blocking and play OK against the pass To me thats not worth 11 million dollars. I think what really hurts Peters is that the Bills system really gave him the chance to develop his skills by being very simple and giving him help against better pass rushers.

In Philly they are counting on him being a Joe Thomas like LT who you can leave alone against the best pass rushers. Peters just isn't that guy (In 2007 he showed flashes of it but against the best the guys needs help once in a while and in 2008 he just wasn't that guy). To me the Bills got a fair shake not only did they get Eric Wood who looks like he can be a great guard for years to come they were able to get an extra pick to trade up for Levitre who can develop into a nice guard.

As for Philly they get a good but not great LT for the 28th pick in the draft and a fourth round pick and 11 million dollars for them it wasn't a bad deal at all considering they needed a LT badly.

Good analysis the only thing you missed is the issue of Peters intellect. OL need to be smart.

Seriously, too many people are on their high horse about Vick. I'm a prosecutor...have been for over 7 years now. Day in and day out, I send people to prison for crimes ranging from stealing a car right on up to attempted murder. These guys go in, do their time, and come out and do the same sh-- over and over again, sometimes they do worse. Give Vick some credit for trying to resume a normal life and make something of himself instead of being some low life convicted felon who continues a life of crime. He looked more comfortable that Edwards out there on the passes he threw.......... Oh, and Peters sucks.

As a police officer and someone who comes into personal contact with people like Vick I have come to be able to spot a sociopath when I see one. Vick is a sociopath and I guarantee you he will commit crimes again, be prosecuted again and go to prison again.

If you honestly believe that he has turned over a new leaf (he's been out for what 6 months?) I dare question whether you are a prosecutor or not. Please don't let the law enforcement community down by being duped by this scumbag.

yeah, lets talk about the high motor guys we have that suck

This board spent the entire off season talking about him. At least the high motor guys we have that suck are ours. He is a low motor guy that sucks that is somewhere else, lets forget him. Or why don't we talk about every ex Bill all day long.

This board spent the entire off season talking about him. At least the high motor guys we have that suck are ours. He is a low motor guy that sucks that is somewhere else, lets forget him. Or why don't we talk about every ex Bill all day long.

i didn't start the thread, and when we go 4-12 with guys that suck that are ours, at least you'll be happy

:thumbsup::D it still :ph34r: sucked .....

You basically said that bein 7-9 and not making the playoffs is better than being 5-11 and not making the playoffs.

Technically yes but what the :thumbsup: is the difference? Your losing team is slightly better than another losing team ... now there is something to brag about.

You could make a case that it is better being 5-11 than 7-9. You both suck beyond comprehension but at least you would get a better draft pick.

As a police officer and someone who comes into personal contact with people like Vick I have come to be able to spot a sociopath when I see one. Vick is a sociopath and I guarantee you he will commit crimes again, be prosecuted again and go to prison again.

If you honestly believe that he has turned over a new leaf (he's been out for what 6 months?) I dare question whether you are a prosecutor or not. Please don't let the law enforcement community down by being duped by this scumbag.

All this has shown to Vick is that someone will always throw millions of dollars his way no matter what he does. And being in prison probably only adds to his street cred.

PTR