We won't know what kind of team we have til week 9

Tcali

What a load of BS, if the Bills get pounded by the Patriots in week one, we will all know what to expect the rest of the season.

On the other hand IF they pull off a miracle and beat the Patriots, then your point might be valid. But after watching the Bills and Edwards play against that Packers 3-4, I doubt they will even keep the game close at NE.

Winning :) I would be happy with a close game...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The truth of the matter is that no one is sure whether DJ wanted to keep or replace Snert &/or Fewell, or whether RW had a say in the matter or the GM or...or....or.

The more I watch and the more I see of this team, the more I'm starting to feel that the fundamental problems are with Schonert & Fewell, specifically at the schemes & play-calling levels. Not absolving DJ here, just raising the possibility that regardless of why Schonert and Fewell are still on the team, more blame may belong on their shoulders and a bit less on Jauron's.

Am I reaching? Yeah, maybe.

you keep making this lame ass argument.

Dick is the HEAD coach

The assistants are his responsibility

They coach the schemes he wants.

If they can't coach it, that's on him because he hired them and did not fire them

If they won't coach it, that's on him because he did not fire them

If Dick does not pick the players and is not accountable for his direct hires and the product on the field, --

what exactly does he get paid for???

Would you happen to have a link to something that mentions this. I ask because, if true, it would be the first time I can think of that one of RW's HCs defied a direct order and kept his job. And it that's the case then it signals to me a sea-change in RWs thinking.

GO BILLS!!!

I tried to find the post where I had read that quote from, haven't found it yet. Thought it might have been in one of PFW posts, I'll keep looking.

Winning :unsure: I would be happy with a close game...

When the Bills can't make a first down running or passing and cough the ball up to Tom Brady & co every 4th down, how can you expect a close game?

The first string offense has yet to score a TD,says it all. Mind you, everyone will be ecstatic when the Bills are able to score at will against the Detroit Lions in the last preseason game and will forget the ineptitude up to that point.

you keep making this lame ass argument.

Dick is the HEAD coach

The assistants are his responsibility

They coach the schemes he wants.

If they can't coach it, that's on him because he hired them and did not fire them

If they won't coach it, that's on him because he did not fire them

If Dick does not pick the players and is not accountable for his direct hires and the product on the field, --

what exactly does he get paid for???

Sigh.........

Look....

No one has been a more vocal opponent of Jauron than I have. I wanted him out 10 minutes after the final game of last season and I continue to lobby for his replacement.

However....

Unless you have some inside information from within the Bills organization, as to the inner workings of the staff and management, you are making assumptions as to who picked the coordinators, how the coordinators operate and who can or can't fire them. As to "what exactly" Jauron gets paid for, you'll have to ask Mr. Wilson.

I think people have DJ targeted so large in their crosshairs, they tend to overlook some of the other issues regarding the coaching. Regardless of who picked Snert & Fewell and why they are still employed at this point, in my opinion they appear more and more to be the "hands-on/game day" problem.

The buck stops at Jauron's desk, of course. But I believe he is working with 2 sub-par coordinators. If you know the real reason why Schonert and Fewell are still on the team, by all means, let us know.

According to the tenets of statistical mechanics, you cannot even know both the position and velocity of an electron.

By week four, the Bills could could be a yeast infection annoying Paris Hilton.

Hey man, love the avatar and that's a great quote froma great movie, but what the hell is up with your post? If the Bills resemble a fast-moving, electrically-charged ion this football season, I think we'll make the playoffs.

Everyone jumps to conclusions in the first 3 weeks of the season. SB contenders are declared. -And as usual 70% of the teams looking good the first 3-6 games of the season look like hell by game 9. And vice versa.

There are a few sure bets..NE and uhmmmm....hmmm..I really meant a few. The baltimores and the Jacksonvilles and even now the Colts and the Cowboys.You don't know if these teams are going to be 12-4 or 7-9. Even PITT could end up 8-8 this year.

well - if the Bills finish like they have the past few seasons - -badly - we'll be looking for a new coach and staff.