Willis needs to gain 150

Billsjunkie

Willis is going to need to gain 150 on the ground for us to win. I truley believe that. That means that we will be controlling the ball game and keeping Tom Brady off the field. Plus hopefully that will mean that Drew wont have to throw that much. Dude scares me on primetime. But if Willis doesnt have a monster game than I dont see Drew leading us to a victory.

Willis is going to need to gain 150 on the ground for us to win. I truley believe that. That means that we will be controlling the ball game and keeping Tom Brady off the field. Plus hopefully that will mean that Drew wont have to throw that much. Dude scares me on primetime. But if Willis doesnt have a monster game than I dont see Drew leading us to a victory.

111678[/snapback]

I don't know that he necessarily needs 150 yards per se, what we really need is to keep running him without getting cute, and getting first downs. That's the most important thing; let Willis get his 3-4 yards on first and second down, and then do whatever it takes to convert the first down.

If we can do that, particularly in the first half, it will help tremendously. That's what allows us to wear defenses down in the second half.

If Willis and the team can do that and gain only 100 yards, that should still be fine.

What I'd really like to see, though, is Willis break a long one.

He needs enough yards for us to score more points that our defense lets up.

I know, that sounds smart-ass, but its not. We simply need our LBs to be ready to play pass coverage for Brady's dick-and-dunk passes. And our DBs have to have career games. Im not worried about the run game. We are as tight up the middle as a [insert your own perverted comment here]. If we can hold NE to 17 or less, Willis will suffice with 80 yards rushing, 15 - 20 receiving.

We cannot expect him to run 100 yards every game. This line still isnt good.