Has anybody ever tried isoftwaretv?

I will be going off to college in a few days, but I will not be bringing a tv along with me. I do not plan on watching much television, but I would still like to catch a few of my favorite shows from time to time. With that said, I have been looking for ways to watch television from my laptop. I eventually stumbled upon isoftwaretv (http://www.isoftwaretv.com/index.asp?revid=killjoy99). So far I have not read any bad reviews about it. Has anybody ever tried this program or any other way to watch television from the computer? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I know Im gonna sound like Jim Rome right now, but seriously spend 300 bucks and get a Slingbox. It's sick beyond belief. It lets you sling your mom's or whomevers cable through their internet to you.

It acts as a remote access server, so you're literally watching that cable box through your computer. This means that if you only have 1 cable box to share amongst your family and yourself, you'd be changing the channels as they're watching it and vice-versa. The easiest way to solve this is to simply rent another one and use it exclusively as your cable box. Time Warner is only 7-9 bucks a month per box I think.

The Slingbox pro is so awesome. No monthly fees, just a one time payment. You can hook up other digital media devices too, like an Apple TV or what not. Its super smooth, works like a charm, and the set up is relatively simple.

If you want just basic, basic sports and some tv programs, head to adthe.net. There's just about every game live streamed and some basic cable, CNN, ESPN and the like. All for free, just for stream. Assuming you have updated flash it should work fine.

But if you want complete digital cable and control over On Demand, Pay-per View, DVR or whatever, get the Slingbox, as Rome says, its NASTY CLONES.

I know Im gonna sound like Jim Rome right now, but seriously spend 300 bucks and get a Slingbox. It's sick beyond belief. It lets you sling your mom's or whomevers cable through their internet to you.

It acts as a remote access server, so you're literally watching that cable box through your computer. This means that if you only have 1 cable box to share amongst your family and yourself, you'd be changing the channels as they're watching it and vice-versa. The easiest way to solve this is to simply rent another one and use it exclusively as your cable box. Time Warner is only 7-9 bucks a month per box I think.

The Slingbox pro is so awesome. No monthly fees, just a one time payment. You can hook up other digital media devices too, like an Apple TV or what not. Its super smooth, works like a charm, and the set up is relatively simple.

If you want just basic, basic sports and some tv programs, head to adthe.net. There's just about every game live streamed and some basic cable, CNN, ESPN and the like. All for free, just for stream. Assuming you have updated flash it should work fine.

But if you want complete digital cable and control over On Demand, Pay-per View, DVR or whatever, get the Slingbox, as Rome says, its NASTY CLONES.

:P Everything said here. It's the way to go.

I will be going off to college in a few days, but I will not be bringing a tv along with me. I do not plan on watching much television, but I would still like to catch a few of my favorite shows from time to time. With that said, I have been looking for ways to watch television from my laptop. I eventually stumbled upon isoftwaretv (http://www.isoftwaretv.com/index.asp?revid=killjoy99). So far I have not read any bad reviews about it. Has anybody ever tried this program or any other way to watch television from the computer? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Well, my WOT toolbar (which helps protect against sites with bad reputations) does NOT like that site. But it has false positives, on occasion.

My quick google search, suggests it is a scam site.

If you can't afford a slingbox (and if your're heading to college, that's quite likely) try to see what you can get on:

Hulu.com

Surfthechannel.com

myeasytv.com

joost.com

Veoh.com

vreel.net

Depending on what shows you want to watch, why not just go to cbs.com, abc.com, fox.com, etc? They have a lot of their shows available to stream during the season.

Or get Netflix and stream with that?