Trent Edwards & West Coast Offense

NoName

To me, Trent Edwards appears to be an ideal fit in the West Coast Offense. If he is going to be our QB of the future, why not have a West Coast Offensive philosophy? After all, that is what he ran in college and Bill Walsh gave Trent Edwards the big thumbs up. I see no reason not to employ it

To me, Trent Edwards appears to be an ideal fit in the West Coast Offense. If he is going to be our QB of the future, why not have a West Coast Offensive philosophy? After all, that is what he ran in college and Bill Walsh gave Trent Edwards the big thumbs up. I see no reason not to employ it

sure. That makes sense. Maybe we can run the Flying Wedge when Fitzpatrick is running the show too. :censored:

The Bills essentially do try to run of version of the WCO, only poorly. Now that they have two WRs and maybe a TE (Nelson) along with three pass-catching RBs, it may take off. The WCO was specifically designed to be an antidote to the Tampa 2 defense (pressure the QB and play zone pass defense), which is now going obsolete except in Indy, Buff, Bears, but it still is an answer to not having time to throw, for whatever reason.

Just throw away the entire offseson and put in a new offense. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I am not necessarily saying when they should implement it...obviously I am not expecting to see the team go WCO next week ....... I am just saying in theory if this is the guy to build around, why aren't we headed into that direction of the WCO......I think the first thing that jumps out at you about Trent Edwards is that he is an ideal West Coast QB.......if the no huddle thing works out then forget everything I am saying.....but when I think of T Edwards, I think of WEst Coast Offense.....just something to throw out there

I actually think that's what we're doing. Seems like the Bills are running a lot more quick passes--i.e., slants, passes to the backs, etc. It's not west coast, but the principles are similar.