That was the best performance

OK, it was pre-season and the Bears were missing (or didn't play) some of their stars eg Matt Forte. It was also their first and our second game. Still, they are supposed to be a playoff contender and the Bills looked MUCH stronger IMO.

After watching the first quarter and part of the second, I was saying things like "Same old Bills" and "Make some plays!"

But then they actually did. Starting with McKelvin. Then Fitz showed us good command of his position and toughness in taking a roughing the passer shot. On defense, linemen like Ellis and Bryant and Mace got good push. Nic Harris made some plays and Langster won the game. On offense, Nelson and Stupar showed some promise (compared to the Derek Fine/Derek OK combo).

Jenkins shows he can get separation. Omon and Hall and McIntyre ran well.

To sum up, we have depth.

As for the starters, Edwards to Evans is always a great thing to watch, Lynch is a constant (after 3 games), and Owens will make a difference. The O-line will be inconsistent, but now has some young talent. The defense has all those solid corners

you need for a good Tampa 2. We will make some plays this year.

The only weaknesses that need to be addressed are Kelsay and Diminutive Donte. I cannot wait to see these two replaced with guys who let their play do their talking. In other words, let's hope Byrd and Maybin get on the field soon!

OK, I'm an idiot, but I dont' get all this glee about the Bills looking good last night. As a matter of fact, who cares what anyone did after the starters went out of the game.

Everyone is so giddy, and our offense has a total of three points in five series, and the running game still looks lethargic. I saw some improvement yesterday, but I don't see the glee that so many others are seeing yet.

I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like much of the same so far this year. T.O. would have helped near the endzone though yesterday.....or at least we think he would have.

OK, I'm an idiot, but I dont' get all this glee about the Bills looking good last night. As a matter of fact, who cares what anyone did after the starters went out of the game.

Everyone is so giddy, and our offense has a total of three points in five series, and the running game still looks lethargic. I saw some improvement yesterday, but I don't see the glee that so many others are seeing yet.

I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like much of the same so far this year. T.O. would have helped near the endzone though yesterday.....or at least we think he would have.

they are one of the only teams whos second team (offense and defense) looks better that the first team

they are one of the only teams who second team (offense and defense) looks better that the first team

I mean really. I agree. I don't get it. Both the starting offense and defense looks painfully mediocre again. I'm anxious to see this week though, when hopefully the starting offense will get a half of football, and we can see a sustained drive with both TO and Lee out there. That may tell us alot. I also hope Freddie J gets to play with that unit. It's actually lunacy that Marshawn is getting most of the carries with that unit. Let Freddie in there a bit, and get him used to picking up some blitzers and such.

The defense....well.....unless the pass rush fairy comes down and blesses our ends with better rush skills, it's going to be much of the same probably.

I agree with your first sentence. We shouldn't get giddy about a preseason game.

Your second sentence is odd, though. One of the most important things you want to get out of a preseason game, is an idea of your depth. You need to make roster decisions, and depth chard decisions. As a fan I am at least as interested in evaluating the rookies and newcomers to see how likely they are to contribute this season and down the line, as I am the starters, in a preseason game.

I agree with your first sentence. We shouldn't get giddy about a preseason game.

Your second sentence is odd, though. One of the most important things you want to get out of a preseason game, is an idea of your depth. You need to make roster decisions, and depth chard decisions. As a fan I am at least as interested in evaluating the rookies and newcomers to see how likely they are to contribute this season and down the line, as I am the starters, in a preseason game.

The problem is that you are evaluating depth against other teams dolts. I mean, Lankster made plays and looked good. But, there were about 4 balls thrown almost directly to him. He should have looked good. This Stupar guy is now everyone's god at TE, even though he caught a bunch of 3 yard passes against bad competition. I mean, he looks almost exactly the same as our other non-athletic, stiff TE's outside of Nelson.

I look for things that count. Andy Leveitre (sp?) looks bad. His form and technique is terrible, and he didn't improve it from week one. He also doesn't finish blocks...but that right now is basically because he's way too high and he's getting moved by the DT's he's facing. He's really young, but the reason he's so important to judge critically is because he's supposed to start for us. He's a huge worry.

The starters have played so little that we can't yet make an evaluation. Hopefully, this next game, we'll see if they can do something with all of their weapons in there. I'm not impressed that Stupar can catch 3 yard passes and that Lankster caught balls thrown to him late in the game.

I want to see the line block in the first quarter. I want to see the guys that count put a ball in the endzone. I want to see Freddie Jackson pick up the blitz, so I know he knows what he's doing in the opener. I want to see our first team special teams return units at least get some touches so that they can practice the new rules implemented this year. And if Roscoe takes one to the house during the preseason......good......then teams can continue to schitt their pants preparing for him. I want to see the first team offense GO FOR IT fromt inside the 5 in a meaningless preseason game on 4th down, instead of letting Lindell perform the most automatic kick in pro football. We could have gotten much more out of a redzone offensive play, then we did by letting Lindell kick a fuggin FG.

I just have a whole different mindset than our coaches. And yeah, I coach myself, so I can actually say I do things much different in games that don't count. Work on the schitt we suck at during these games.......and while it's nice what Lankster and Stupar did.....it really isnt' all that impressive. Nice games, but plays that should have been made.

The bar is set so low for the Bills now, it's pathetic. Steve Tasker was about to wet himself last night with the Bills first team unit. And that "impressive" showing netted 3 points.

The problem is that you are evaluating depth against other teams dolts. I mean, Lankster made plays and looked good. But, there were about 4 balls thrown almost directly to him. He should have looked good. This Stupar guy is now everyone's god at TE, even though he caught a bunch of 3 yard passes against bad competition. I mean, he looks almost exactly the same as our other non-athletic, stiff TE's outside of Nelson.

I look for things that count. Andy Leveitre (sp?) looks bad. His form and technique is terrible, and he didn't improve it from week one. He also doesn't finish blocks...but that right now is basically because he's way too high and he's getting moved by the DT's he's facing. He's really young, but the reason he's so important to judge critically is because he's supposed to start for us. He's a huge worry.

The starters have played so little that we can't yet make an evaluation. Hopefully, this next game, we'll see if they can do something with all of their weapons in there. I'm not impressed that Stupar can catch 3 yard passes and that Lankster caught balls thrown to him late in the game.

I want to see the line block in the first quarter. I want to see the guys that count put a ball in the endzone. I want to see Freddie Jackson pick up the blitz, so I know he knows what he's doing in the opener. I want to see our first team special teams return units at least get some touches so that they can practice the new rules implemented this year. And if Roscoe takes one to the house during the preseason......good......then teams can continue to schitt their pants preparing for him. I want to see the first team offense GO FOR IT fromt inside the 5 in a meaningless preseason game on 4th down, instead of letting Lindell perform the most automatic kick in pro football. We could have gotten much more out of a redzone offensive play, then we did by letting Lindell kick a fuggin FG.

I just have a whole different mindset than our coaches. And yeah, I coach myself, so I can actually say I do things much different in games that don't count. Work on the schitt we suck at during these games.......and while it's nice what Lankster and Stupar did.....it really isnt' all that impressive. Nice games, but plays that should have been made.

The bar is set so low for the Bills now, it's pathetic. Steve Tasker was about to wet himself last night with the Bills first team unit. And that "impressive" showing netted 3 points.

Wow, did you expect us to be the Steelers from the 1970's out there last nite or what? Whether it is your first team, second team, or scrubbs, don't you want to see winning football? The Bills were the better team last nite against Chicago. Coach Jauron had them ready to play which is a positive. Making plays on the field regardless of who it is, is what is important. It builds confidence within the team, and that is contagious. Tell me you weren't happy to see Copeland Bryan and Chris Ellis make plays. These guys will hopefully continue to improve and get chances to play during the season. We haven't made the playoffs in 10 years, so any solid performance (even in the preseason) especially after the dog effort last week is very encouraging.

Wow, did you expect us to be the Steelers from the 1970's out there last nite or what? Whether it is your first team, second team, or scrubbs, don't you want to see winning football? The Bills were the better team last nite against Chicago. Coach Jauron had them ready to play which is a positive. Making plays on the field regardless of who it is, is what is important. It builds confidence within the team, and that is contagious. Tell me you weren't happy to see Copeland Bryan and Chris Ellis make plays. These guys will hopefully continue to improve and get chances to play during the season. We haven't made the playoffs in 10 years, so any solid performance (even in the preseason) especially after the dog effort last week is very encouraging.

Our starting offense has 3 points in five series this year. And no, with the guys who counted last night, we were not the better team. Again, great, they won. Do you think we should have won? We have a veteran cast of offensive weapons playing after everybody's starters going out. The lineman, Rhodes, Omon, Fitz, Hamdan.....they should have looked good.

WE SCORED THREE POINTS! Why is the bar so low for this team? Jauron had them ready to play? Great. The team looked awesome......3 points at a time.

I just don't get it.