My thoughts on the game tonite

Big Turk

Here are my thoughts in no particular order:

1) Trent Edwards looked pretty sharp overall tonite, going 10 for 10, however, I couldn't help but notice a lot of the throws were not too accurate, causing guys to have to work harder than they should to catch the ball or jump in the air, etc...I know its a little thing when the guy goes 10 for 10, but my heart skipped a beat when I saw the play where Evans had to jump for the ball and the DB basically took out his legs from behind on the way down...

2) That was a great playaction bootleg...should have been a TD if the freaking TE(Schouman?) blocked someone instead of letting his man run right by him...

3)Ryan Fitzpatrick looked pretty good tonite...made some nice throws, although I did not like how he kept backpedaling and throwing off his back foot...

4) Ashton Youbouty had better watch out...this Lankster kid is a freaking playmaker and has a nose for the ball...Youbouty could find himself on the waiver wire unexpectedly if he doesn't do something in the next few games to grab some attention...

5) McKelvin is exactly the type of player we need in the secondary...a guy who might take a few chances and get beat on occasion, but another playmaker who is gonna get his share of INT's...a breath of fresh air from our normal DBs over the past few years who will let the QB complete any pass they want in front of him and try and make the tackle...

6) I really like what I saw out of Nic Harris at the LB spot...I could see him replacing Ellison as the starter in short order...

7) Our 2nd/3rd string DL dominated the Bears today...Ellis and Bryant were constantly in the face of their QB's...if they can continue this during the season it could add some nice pass rushing depth...

8) Guess the fans at the game must have felt the same as I did after watching the Bills drive inside the 10 yard line and run the ball 3 straight times to settle for a FG, cause they booed them pretty good...

9) Would be nice to see our RBs get some daylight to run in...I know its gonna take time for the OL to come together like last year, but its frustrating to watch them continuously getting swallowed up at the LOS...

10) Justin Jenkins has been virtually uncoverable during the preseason games...both in Tennessee and tonite's game...hopefully the coaching staff notices it as much as it was apparent on TV...

I know it don't count for anything, but it always feels better to win a preseason game than to lose one, regardless...

I know it's only preseason, but the D especially the secondary was incredible tonight. And they were playing a pretty decent defensive team as well.

The offense found it's rhythm a bit - but the QBs need to play more and think less. They need to trust their instincts.