Greenday Concert and the Bills Shout Song

saundena

I was at a Greenday concert in Houston last night. It was a GREAT show. They were on for over 2 1/2 hours and played a great selection of old and new. About an hour and a half into the concert, they started playing partial covers from other artists: Ozzy, Van Halen, Tom Petty- just to name a few. One of the songs they played for a few minutes was Shout. It was awesome. For 2 minutes I felt like I was back at a RWS, and that our Bills had just scored the game winning TD.

I've met a few Bills fans since I moved down here, so I'm sure that I wasn't the only one who was singing "lets go Buffalo" during that part of the song last night!

Go Bills, stay HEALTHY tonight!

I was at a Greenday concert in Houston last night. It was a GREAT show. They were on for over 2 1/2 hours and played a great selection of old and new. About an hour and a half into the concert, they started playing partial covers from other artists: Ozzy, Van Halen, Tom Petty- just to name a few. One of the songs they played for a few minutes was Shout. It was awesome. For 2 minutes I felt like I was back at a RWS, and that our Bills had just scored the game winning TD.

I've met a few Bills fans since I moved down here, so I'm sure that I wasn't the only one who was singing "lets go Buffalo" during that part of the song last night!

:lol:

I went to a Green Day concert in Albany this year, and I got the same feeling during their cover of Shout. I didn't sing but I sure as hell was thinking "the bills make me wanna shout" through the whole song.

thanks for the link. Am I missing something. Its just a link to billszone. And while I do see a link to the official JP Losman website, I don't see the shout song anywhere.

so weird, it was linked as http://www.billszone.com/songs/shout.mp3, but it redirected to the billszone homepage. I fixed the link to point to the hosted page...

I was singing along the Bills version of "Shout" with Green Day on Wednesday in Orlando. My friend was looking at me like I was nuts. I converted her to a Bills fan last year but she hasn't been to a game so she didn't understand.

On a side note, Green Day is such a great live band. I never even liked them till I saw them at VoodooFest the year before Katrina. What they do for their fans, bringing kids up and letting them play or sing in front of their crowds is just so cool. They give them an experience that they are very unlikely to ever have again. Though the kid who played guitar during Jesus of Suburbia here in Orlando might have a shot. I know for a fact that he has some industry connections on the engineering side of things but I digress...

I was singing along the Bills version of "Shout" with Green Day on Wednesday in Orlando. My friend was looking at me like I was nuts. I converted her to a Bills fan last year but she hasn't been to a game so she didn't understand.

On a side note, Green Day is such a great live band. I never even liked them till I saw them at VoodooFest the year before Katrina. What they do for their fans, bringing kids up and letting them play or sing in front of their crowds is just so cool. They give them an experience that they are very unlikely to ever have again. Though the kid who played guitar during Jesus of Suburbia here in Orlando might have a shot. I know for a fact that he has some industry connections on the engineering side of things but I digress...

You are 100% correct. Greenday was SOOOOO great to see live and they treat their fans very well. Even after all of these years, it really seems like they love what they are doing, and truly appreciate their fans.

On a funny note... they brought this kid (maybe 8 years old) up on the stage between two of their songs. As Billy Joe was talking to him he noticed that his parents had put ear plugs in- so Billy laughs and says, "KID.... Get these out of your F****n ears" and throws them into the crowd.

This was probably the best concert that I've ever been to.