The Roger win cy young no. 7

millbank

Yeah, Bonds wouldn't have hit 100 home runs with one of the two Cardinals batting behind him.  His team was in the playoff chase down to the last weekend.  Where would they be without him?  FAR below .500.

Rolen as an MVP?  Yeah, great second half.  Your view of baseball is so skewed...

110888[/snapback]

So if a guy hit 85 homers in the first half with 200 RBIs and then had no homers and no RBIs the second half he wouldn't be MVP?

Actually the MVP should be Adrian Beltre.

Adrian Beltre???

c'mon he deserves credit but no one is Bonds.

HR RBI BA OBP OPS

Bonds 45 101 .362 .609 1.422.........with 373 at bats

Beltre 48 121 .334 .388 1.017.........with 598 at bats

Pujols 46 123 .331 .415 1.072.........with 592 at bats

Bonds commands more respect than either of these players. Each had 200 more at bats and had approximately the same output. If Bonds would have been pitched to and his averages remained the same he would have hit 72 HR and drove in 162 RBI.

You can't tell me that Pujols or Beltre are at the level of Bonds b/c they aren't statistically.

So if a guy hit 85 homers in the first half with 200 RBIs and then had no homers and no RBIs the second half he wouldn't be MVP?

Actually the MVP should be Adrian Beltre.

111345[/snapback]

If your head was as big as a Chrysler Pacifica, would it still fit up your ass? That's as valid a question as the one you posed.

Beltre certainly had a career season in his walk year. I wouldn't vote for him as MVP, but would place him 3rd behind Bonds and Pujols. JMO.

Clemens is an overrated, fat-assed jerk who HITS batters intentionally. He has a problem with anger management and aggression control. Yankee fans "forgot" this reputation when he became a pinstriped-clad hero.

Once a jerk, always a jerk. (He probably kicks his dog when he's mad.)

He'll get no respect from me... ever.

*spit*

Clemens is an overrated, fat-assed jerk who HITS batters intentionally. He has a problem with anger management and aggression control. Yankee fans "forgot" this reputation when he became a pinstriped-clad hero.

Once a jerk, always a jerk. (He probably kicks his dog when he's mad.)

He'll get no respect from me... ever.

*spit*

112287[/snapback]

I'm sure he's crushed. :P

I'm sure he's crushed. :doh:

112419[/snapback]

Her actual comments hold a little merit Darin.

He made a comment durring the NLCS before game 3. It was something like "If I don't win tomorrow someone is going to die out there.".

Someone is going to die out there?

It's baseball.

I can appreciate his love for the game, but comparing baseball with death is just a joke.

Her actual comments hold a little merit Darin.

He made a comment durring the NLCS before game 3.  It was something like "If I don't win tomorrow someone is going to die out there.".

Someone is going to die out there?

It's baseball.

I can appreciate his love for the game, but comparing baseball with death is just a joke.

112965[/snapback]

It's a metaphor. People really need to stop hanging on every comment somebody makes and then using it to fit some pathetic personal crusade.

Clements is a throwback pitcher. When I was a kid, his attitude would have been the norm, rather than the abberration.