Demetrius Bell & O-Line

Does anyone find it strange that Demetrius Bell is getting first team reps at Right Tackle, when RT is Langston Walker's preferred position and Bell is being groomed for the left side? I know he's filling in for the injured Brad Butler, but I found that strange.

Basically I bring it up because I'm very excited about the things I hear about Bell at LT, and lightning might have struck twice for the Bills at that position - but I know I should be patient and wait for him to develop and the coaches think he's ready. And Langston Walker scares the bejeezes out of me at Left Tackle

Does anyone find it strange that Demetrius Bell is getting first team reps at Right Tackle, when RT is Langston Walker's preferred position and Bell is being groomed for the left side? I know he's filling in for the injured Brad Butler, but I found that strange.

Basically I bring it up because I'm very excited about the things I hear about Bell at LT, and lightning might have struck twice for the Bills at that position - but I know I should be patient and wait for him to develop and the coaches think he's ready. And Langston Walker scares the bejeezes out of me at Left Tackle

Is there anything other than pure speculation that should lead you to believe that? If it was that easy to farm quality left tackles teams would not be paying the good ones so much money. I wouldn't get too excited if I was you - you are likely in for disappointment. Maybe he will end up being a pro bowl player, I just doubt it greatly.

Langston is preparing to be the LT. What have you heard about Bell that gets you excited? Walker at LT scares you but Bell does not?

The Bills don't want to trust a 2nd year player with the job of protecting the QB's blindside. Maybe next year he'll be moved to LT, barring injury.

The Bills don't want to trust a 2nd year player with the job of protecting the QB's blindside. Maybe next year he'll be moved to LT, barring injury.

and didnt peters start at RT before moving to LT, not a bad place to start :rolleyes: