Maybin holdout

I don't think it's as bad as you say, BeastMode.

Yes, Maybin would benefit more from being in camp than just working out alone, but let's look at it rationally:

- For most teams, today represents the first day of practice back in full pads, so he's really not that far behind the rest of the league.

- Buffalo is one of 2 teams with 5 pre-season games, so even if Maybin gets into camp so late that his first action is pre-season game #3, he'll still have 3 full pre-season games to work with to get up to NFL game speed.

- As many others have mentioned, if all Maybin does this season is get after the QB, and he does it effectively, he'll be well worth the pick and the $$ spent to sign him; given his penchant for doing so in college, it's not a stretch to think that he could play that role without a ton of experience.

Just my 1 cent.

I think you are on target. The Bills camp opened early as they had an extra pre-season game with the HOF game. Maybin can fail to sign all of this week and still conceivably suit up for and possibly even play in 4 pre-season games (there is a growing consensus that this should be officially reduced to 2).

Maybin will still suffer because the rest of the league will be a week ahead of him if he does not sign until this weekend, but actually what will be more problematic for him is that he will be three weeks behind his Bills teammates as he personally competes for a spot on the team.

The good news for us Bills fans is that with our DL rotation, we should be able to play Maybin in the situational role he is meant for even without full practice for Maybin.

If we envisioned him as a 3 down player his Waitout (again this is not a holdout as he has no existing contract to hold out on) we might be in a bit of a panic, but we always envisioned him in a situational role so he well can learn anddevelop chemistry for this.

Do not get your panties up in a wad until next week.

I've got to agree with you. He won't miss all of camp, but the Bills don't have the luxury of a pass rush that can do without someone who we all hope will contribute this year. I think it is pretty essential Maybin gets in to camp within the next few days or his chances of making an early impact are pretty slim.

The Hall of Fame game is this weekend. And if Crabtree doesn't sign fairly soon then Maybin will have missed almost all of camp. It doesn't matter how quick his first step is, if he doesn't practice he won't be in many games at all for us this season. THIS SUCKS!!!

Maybin will still suffer because the rest of the league will be a week ahead of him if he does not sign until this weekend, but actually what will be more problematic for him is that he will be three weeks behind his Bills teammates as he personally competes for a spot on the team.

What suffering? 10 million+ in the bank before showing up for work, plus whatever is in the contract?

Life is so hard... :P