Hey PTR, just ran into one of your UB Bulls...

The Poojer

#68 Brian Kelly. I was at the gym and this guy walks by in his UB T and shorts, I asked, stupidly, if he went to UB, I told him I went to Fredonia. He said he lives here(Richmond) and goes to UB to which I replied...."You chose to go there?" I had a smile on my face and laughed as I said it to let him know I was kidding. Thats when he said he had a full scholarship and played for UB. I told him congrats on how the team played last year and they way they are developing the program. i also felt compelled to add that I am a die hard SU fan, but nonetheless I wished him continued success as well as to the UB program.

Just thought I would share with you. Not an exciting story.....

#68 Brian Kelly. I was at the gym and this guy walks by in his UB T and shorts, I asked, stupidly, if he went to UB, I told him I went to Fredonia. He said he lives here(Richmond) and goes to UB to which I replied...."You chose to go there?" I had a smile on my face and laughed as I said it to let him know I was kidding. Thats when he said he had a full scholarship and played for UB. I told him congrats on how the team played last year and they way they are developing the program. i also felt compelled to add that I am a die hard SU fan, but nonetheless I wished him continued success as well as to the UB program.

Just thought I would share with you. Not an exciting story.....

Did he mention he is also Jim Kelly's nephew? I think that was also a big part of why he came to UB.

his other nephew went to University of Richmond, so I can't say that that (or is it do do) a major factor in him going to UB

Did he mention he is also Jim Kelly's nephew? I think that was also a big part of why he came to UB.

he is listed on the roster, and someone that appeared to be his mom was standing next to him, and when he said he was on the team there was no look from her indicating anything differently

Actually, Brian Kelly was my neighbor in the apartment complex I lived in. Lived directly under me. Moved out not too long ago because he couldn't find a roommate. I dont think he is on the football team anymore for academic reasons.

First thing Turner Gill did when he came to UB is find some serious beef for the lines. Brian Kelly is a big dude. I never heard anything about Kelly being ineligible but anything's possible. Especially if he parties like his uncle used to. UB is a little more demanding academically than "the U". I think if you can sign your name at Miami, you graduate.

SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT!!!! - Get your tickets for UB's opening day Sat. Sept. 12 @ 2 noon vs Pitt. Tickets are $34 and on sale now...click the link below for details! Let's see how Brian Kelly and the rest of the Bulls do against the Big East.

PTR