"This country now leans to the left" - a # of commentators

Are we done?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Yes, No, or Never Should Have Started

• Yes
    • No
    • Retarded Statement to Begin With

All we heard from the media, and especially from the moderate or liberal commentators was that this country had clearly moved to the left as a result of the 2008 elections. However, given the dropping approval ratings, the fact that there are calls for Pelosi to step down...from her own party, and all the rest, I think one thing has been proven to blatantly obvious: Americans don't mind Democrats, but they hate the far-left.

In fact, over the last 50 years, every single time the far-left has had "their guy" in office, or their guy as the candidate, things have ended badly for that guy, and for the country: LBJ, Humphrey, McGovern( :thumbsup: ),Carter, Mondale("I'm going to raise your taxes" :oops:) ....and now Obama. JFK was NOT a far-let guy(fought the Russians, increased defense spending, cut taxes). Clinton WAS a far-left guy in the first 2 years...until things became clear that he was going to lose if he continued that nonsense = he hired Dick Morris.

Isn't it clear now, that the values of Americans are what they are, and that while they may get pissed at one party/President or another from time to time, they don't change those values?

Moreover, what is it going to take for Democrats to realize that the far-left only represents 15-20% of the country, are mostly despised/made fun of by the average Amercian, and that they need to learn from Clinton's example? How about the example from 50 years of history?

This is setting up to be 1994 all over again....and I am sure, once again, when the Democrats lose, it will be everybody else's fault but theirs. :lol: Hint: the country hasn't agreed with the far-left for 50 years, it doesn't agree with the far-left now, and it won't EVER agree with the far-left.

Why? Because no matter how hard the far-left tries to indoctrinate people, no matter how much they try to stifle opposing speech on college campuses and in the media, there is one fundamental truth that separates Americans from every other population segment in the world and we learn it long before we get even get to school:

"Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in Hell for a man who lost and laughed." - Gen. George S. Patton. Full speech link here.

Look at this site: we have people screaming bloody murder every day for Jauron's head! You don't see us saying "well, Jauron is entitled to a job, because, according to his needs, he needs one, and, according to his abilities, we can expect winning from him". ;) And, few of us would rather "shovel schit in Louisiana" instead of put ourselves on the line, take the risks, and try to win the game.

I despise the far right just as much as I despise the far left. Neither will get anything done and the country has been suffering and declining for years because of both.

Yep. Problem is there is no viable 3rd party that is centrist. If there was, both the far left and far right would be marginalized. Now, the center is held hostage by the extremes.

All I have to say is thank you to the Blue Dog Democrats for at least trying.

I despise the far right just as much as I despise the far left. Neither will get anything done and the country has been suffering and declining for years because of both.

I agree

There is one thing I will give total credit to Obama for however. In the matter of race relations, he has proven that a black person is just as capable of being a bad President as a white person