2009 Offense

john

No offense, John, but I took one look at that big chunk of text and skipped right to the bottom to write this. And I'm sure lots of others did too.

I'm not going to read something that looks like that. It looks annoying, confusing and poorly organized. And I say that without reading a single word.

It's your right to do as you please, but you hugely increase the number of people willing to read your stuff if you use paragraphs.

Also, I was thinking about this today. I've heard it mentioned on a few occasions that there are certain parallels that exist between the first two years of Drew Brees's carreer and that of Edward's. - Both were labeled as having weak arms and being 'check down' quarter backs. Has any one else heard or thought about this before? Anyone think that is a good/fair comparison between the two? I know that Edwards was rumored to have worked out with Brees sometime during the offseason. I wonder what kind advice Drew gave Edwards? I hope it pays off. We all know how well Brees panned out....

I saw an interview with Drew Brees after he had just left SD and stated he learned the most when Marty Schottenheimer benched him for throwing interceptions. He stated that those few games he was not playing made him realize that he needed to be more careful with his passes. I think Edwards didn't need the benching to learn that and is very careful were he throws.

Brees won an NFL QB competition a few years back, I watched in amazement as that guy hit everything with pin point accuracy, he obviously won the competition easily.

The Knock on Brees is the to short thing,at barely 6' the guy can't see over the mammoth O Lineman and needs to use lanes, although not many QB's better in the NFL ATM.

His replacement in SD, Phillip Rivers is 6'5" and needs to bend into a crouch to get the ball from center, kinda funny to watch.

What is this good thread doing here in July?

Like the Brees comparison, been saying it for awhile.

I don't pretend to be an expert on this stuff, but it's my understanding that it has less to do with the particular routes that are run and more to do with the route combinations against particular coverages. Vanilla routes are fine if they're moving the safeties and linebackers around so as to free up advantageous coverage. Shanahan and Gruden are masters at this. It's too bad that Ralph would never pay them to coach here.