My complaint with playcalling too conservative

soljc

Seemed like DB only called a timeout when we were driving with the football. Why, for example, with 40 seconds left in the first half, ball on the Jet 4 yard line, do we use our final timeout??? Well, I figure this means 3 passing attempts, but we call a running play that gets stuffed. Pile is slow to get up and DB waits 20 seconds to spike the ball, conceeding a FG. WTF??? We're 2-5 playing for a win....even Mularkey couldn't explain that as he went in.

The T.O. was taken cause Bledsoe thought the payclock had been reset due to the ref pausing play to say that there was no foul on the previous play(picking up the flag)...It wasnt reset they broke to the line, bledsoe looked up and saw there was only 2 seconds left to call hike, he used the T.O. to avoid the Delay penalty

The T.O. was taken cause Bledsoe thought the payclock had been reset due to the ref pausing play to say that there was no foul on the previous play(picking up the flag)...It wasnt reset they broke to the line, bledsoe looked up and saw there was only 2 seconds left to call hike, he used the T.O. to avoid the Delay penalty

108038[/snapback]

You're right. However, it's increasingly pissing me off that we cannot get plays off and Bledsoe wastes time-outs, like on a first down when we have a lot of momentum going. He has to be able to audibilize there and get the play off. The timeout is worth more than the first down play. And I am not entirely blaming this on Bledsoe because he must be told to take those TOs by the coaches. They may not be letting him audible, and they may be taking too long to get the play in and personel packages in, but that is a waste of valuable TOs.