Anyone Agree with Tim Graham on This?

The question was whether Peters would get a new deal during the 2008 season. The answer was yes.

As usual, you are wrong again.

1. Brandon stated point blank that Peters would not get a new deal in 2008, since he had 3 years left. Pretty clear indication of what the Bills plan was. Although not in Lori's article, Brandon made this statement to Peters very early in 2008 - which led to his holdout.

2. During camp, as stated, Brandon promised to make Peters a priority after Evans was signed. (They dicked Evans around and did not sign his deal until several weeks into the season) You may consider it a priority when the Bills make an offer AFTER the 2008 season concluded. Brandon was true to his plan not to give Peters a new deal in 2008 and the offer they did finally provide was not for 2008.

so - the answer is NO -

there never was a new deal for Peters during the 2008 season.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual, you are wrong again.

1. Brandon stated point blank that Peters would not get a new deal in 2008, since he had 3 years left. Pretty clear indication of what the Bills plan was. Although not in Lori's article, Brandon made this statement to Peters very early in 2008 - which led to his holdout.

2. During camp, as stated, Brandon promised to make Peters a priority after Evans was signed. (They dicked Evans around and did not sign his deal until several weeks into the season) You may consider it a priority when the Bills make an offer AFTER the 2008 season concluded. Brandon was true to his plan not to give Peters a new deal in 2008 and the offer they did finally provide was not for 2008.

so - the answer is NO -

there never was a new deal for Peters during the 2008 season.

There was no new deal because Peters rejected every proposal. Here again are Brandon's words:

The day that we signed Lee, I had him come to my office, and I said, ‘You are now the priority.’ We worked on that for five or six months, and we offered Jason an enormous contract – the largest contract in Bills history – and he had no interest in it. None. That was right at the conclusion of the season.

Since Peters was traded April 17th, 3-1/2 months into the year, that means the negotiations began when Brandon said they did, i.e. after Evans' deal (October 2nd). Had they agreed to a contract, he'd have had a new deal. But it appears that Peters had a tantrum and decided not to re-sign with the Bills, because they didn't give him a new deal before the 2008 season, before showing-up, and/or because Evans was their priority.

As for Evans getting dicked-around, he was well-paid for his first 4 seasons, given his production, just like Peters was. And Evans didn't whine about his deal just 2 years into it.