Ramius, just bought the Athlon College FB Preview Book

Gordio

They got Florida St @ #15. The biggest obstacle for FSU this year in getting double digit wins as I see it is that schedule they are playing. What was the AD thinking agreeing to go to Provo to play BYU 3rd week of the season? I do not know too many other Ads that would have the cajones at a school like FSU to schedule something like that. Got to go to the swamp. Did not take a real great look at it last night but I did notice they are also pretty high on Georgia Tech(#22) & really high on Virginia Tech(#8). It even said for VT's writeup that if they could beat Alabama in the opener, watchout, they may just find themselves playing for the national championship.

Prom, man the MAC looks like it is really going to suck this year. I think 7 of the teams were ranked below 100(there are only 120 teams in D-1. I think they had UB at 98.

They got Florida St @ #15. The biggest obstacle for FSU this year in getting double digit wins as I see it is that schedule they are playing. What was the AD thinking agreeing to go to Provo to play BYU 3rd week of the season? I do not know too many other Ads that would have the cajones at a school like FSU to schedule something like that. Got to go to the swamp. Did not take a real great look at it last night but I did notice they are also pretty high on Georgia Tech(#22) & really high on Virginia Tech(#8). It even said for VT's writeup that if they could beat Alabama in the opener, watchout, they may just find themselves playing for the national championship.

Prom, man the MAC looks like it is really going to suck this year. I think 7 of the teams were ranked below 100(there are only 120 teams in D-1. I think they had UB at 98.

VT lost some serious talent last season, so i'm not sure how they'll be this season. I think they'll be up and down all year, but since no one has really taken a hold of the ACC, its anyone's conference. Georgia Tech will never truly content for the ACC title with a gimmicky triple-option offense. The defenses in the league now have a full year of game film to stop it.

As for FSU, you nailed it. They'll be improved this season, but i doubt it will reflect in their record, due to the brutal OOC schedule (are you looking SEC fans?) BYU and USF are going to be tough fought games, the annual game against the gators has been no picnic recently, and we're got to go to UNC on a thursday night. (the thursday night football Gods tend to strike down FSU rather often, because we're always on the road. the stupid ass AD won't let FSU play thursday night at home.)

Still, i think FSU is capable of making an appearance in the ACC title game. My darkhorse for the ACC title this season is UNC.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.