Cleveland Browns awarded LB Blake Costanzo

http://www.crescent-news.com/news/article/4610163

Browns moves: The Cleveland Browns were awarded linebacker Blake Costanza (sp) from the Buffalo Bills.

Costanza played in all 16 games on Buffalo's special teams last season and led the club with 26 tackles and forced two fumbles.

An undrafted free agent who signed with the New York Jets in 2006, the 25-year-old spent a portion of the 2007 season on Buffalo's practice squad and played special teams in the Bills' final three games that season.

Unsurprisingly Costanzo found a home. Young, inexpensive LBs who manage to be active and healthy 16 games, even if just on special teams, usually can find work.

Note: Browns got him because they were team with worst record last year. Several other teams put in waiver claims for him as well.

Yep, I know it. Appears Crescent-News and Yahoo got source from same AP feed which misspelled his name.

Now if I can just get the Chinese Jersey manufacturer to refund the money because they misspelled his name on it I'd be happy! :devil:

http://www.crescent-news.com/news/article/4610163

Browns moves: The Cleveland Browns were awarded linebacker Blake Costanza (sp) from the Buffalo Bills.

Costanza played in all 16 games on Buffalo's special teams last season and led the club with 26 tackles and forced two fumbles.

An undrafted free agent who signed with the New York Jets in 2006, the 25-year-old spent a portion of the 2007 season on Buffalo's practice squad and played special teams in the Bills' final three games that season.

Unsurprisingly Costanzo found a home. Young, inexpensive LBs who manage to be active and healthy 16 games, even if just on special teams, usually can find work.

Note: Browns got him because they were team with worst record last year. Several other teams put in waiver claims for him as well.

I think the Lions had the worst record last season at 0-16, also being the worst season on record. :wallbash:

I think the Lions had the worst record last season at 0-16, also being the worst season on record. :wallbash:

Yes they did but obviously they did not make a claim on time for Blake otherwise the headline would state Lions was awarded him. Record was referring to those teams which put claims in for him since he has less than 4 years of service.