any of you planning to go there?

www.usafootball.com/jwc

I have a friend who's gonna be part of the french team staff and our club is sending there one of the starting DE for the french team.

France plays the USA in the first round so they have no chance to finish higher than 5th but it should be an interesting competition.

If some of you go i'd like to have your opinion on the quality of play.

France may have more of a chance than you think. I don't know that the USA will field an especially strong national team--our best under-19 football players are in college programs. Our next-best under-19 players are in I-AA college programs. Unless Florida State is letting its recruits play for Team USA, I think we're probably looking at kids who are either at the lowest level of American college football, or can't play at the college level.

France may have more of a chance than you think. I don't know that the USA will field an especially strong national team--our best under-19 football players are in college programs. Our next-best under-19 players are in I-AA college programs. Unless Florida State is letting its recruits play for Team USA, I think we're probably looking at kids who are either at the lowest level of American college football, or can't play at the college level.

Check the USA roster at the link above. It's a selection of high school seniors all with scholarships in major colleges. Their coaching staff seems serious and they are in a camp for two weeks. (Joe D visited them the other day, there was a link on TBD front page)

and well for team France, even if the staff is doing its best you gotta know there's no organised football in France for kids under 14... most of the kids in the team have less than 3 years of football experience.

www.usafootball.com/jwc

I have a friend who's gonna be part of the french team staff and our club is sending there one of the starting DE for the french team.

France plays the USA in the first round so they have no chance to finish higher than 5th but it should be an interesting competition.

If some of you go i'd like to have your opinion on the quality of play.

you gotta be kidding me...the USA is playing foreign teams in football?? that will be ugly..

altho you have to asssume there will be a few ex pats out there for some of the tems....still...lmao..

Check the USA roster at the link above. It's a selection of high school seniors all with scholarships in major colleges. Their coaching staff seems serious and they are in a camp for two weeks. (Joe D visited them the other day, there was a link on TBD front page)

and well for team France, even if the staff is doing its best you gotta know there's no organised football in France for kids under 14... most of the kids in the team have less than 3 years of football experience.

Wow. There aren't too many top-notch programs represented there, but there are a few, and certainly all of those kids, except one, seem to be headed to Div. I or Div. II teams. I'm surprised--I thought that college coaches wouldn't have allowed participation in such a program. If two weeks is enough time to build cohesion and learn a playbook, then indeed, this team could be something. Still, I wouldn't count your country out. This apparently is our first attempt at fielding a national team.

I'm not going to head to Canton to watch, but if there's a game on TV and I've got nothing else to do, I'll tune in.

Wow. There aren't too many top-notch programs represented there, but there are a few, and certainly all of those kids, except one, seem to be headed to Div. I or Div. II teams. I'm surprised--I thought that college coaches wouldn't have allowed participation in such a program. If two weeks is enough time to build cohesion and learn a playbook, then indeed, this team could be something. Still, I wouldn't count your country out. This apparently is our first attempt at fielding a national team.

I'm not going to head to Canton to watch, but if there's a game on TV and I've got nothing else to do, I'll tune in.

It looks like all games are shown live via the internet site linked above and the third place game and final are on Fox (or Fox Sports ?)