Calif. Aid Request Spurned By U.S.

No, my argument is that California HAS THE MEANS to solve its own problem. They just lack the political will to solve it themselves. That's a big difference from GM.

Who says GM doesn't have the means to solve their problems? Why did it take until now to figure out that all these dealers had to close? Why didn't that happen six months ago? Or a year? Or five years ago? And tell me again how much more GM automakers are still making today compared to the guy doing the same job at the Honda plant in Alabama?

GM could have filed Chapter 11 and sorted itself out anytime they wanted to. They simply lacked the will. Which is why they should never have been given one red cent of the taxpayers' money.

Hell, I have more sympathy for CA's situation than I do for GM's.

Who says GM doesn't have the means to solve their problems? Why did it take until now to figure out that all these dealers had to close? Why didn't that happen six months ago? Or a year? Or five years ago? And tell me again how much more GM automakers are still making today compared to the guy doing the same job at the Honda plant in Alabama?

GM could have filed Chapter 11 and sorted itself out anytime they wanted to. They simply lacked the will. Which is why they should never have been given one red cent of the taxpayers' money.

Dead on.