The Bills Are Making The Playoffs This Year

Apparently you did not notice that this was back in December which I have already stated was months before reading Louise Hayes.

Besides, like I said, I didn't mean anything by it. I'm as optimistic as any Bills fan, just not as open as you are in both your frustrations and outlook. I'm hoping that every year is a playoff year, and was just as disappointed as you by the second half of last season. I'm also an avid reader and will check this book out in the future.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides, like I said, I didn't mean anything by it. I'm as optimistic as any Bills fan, just not as open as you are in both your frustrations and outlook. I'm hoping that every year is a playoff year, and was just as disappointed as you by the second half of last season. I'm also an avid reader and will check this book out in the future.

No harm no foul. I was not directing that last statement at you - it was at the person praising you for calling me out on it. No big deal, just trying to let him know that a lot has changed in my way of thinking from Dec - June. I am glad you are going to read the book - great stuff

wow correcting words on a message board, good work

and yeah, they are pansies...they could physically beat me up, but theyd puss out

i'd be afraid to fight marc stroud, prolly TO, mitchell, and maybe they have some scrubs that can fight idk

you're right, it's so much worse than typing non-sensical drivel aimed at pissing in people's wheaties.

so should I take that to mean you'll show up and start shouting "pansies" at training camp?

I see what you are getting at but these thinkings are not related to the ones I am referring to from the book. I am talking about honestly believing in what you want as already done in your mind. My wife gave me the book by Louise Haye a few months ago and I think that if you really wanted to see what I am after here, you should read it (or rent the movie) - You Can Heal Your Life

As I said, while it's great that you've found positivity through this particular book, it's not anything new that the author is trying to convey. this stuff dates back to books like magic of thinking big, magic of believing, power of positive thinking, life is tremendous, etc.

my point was simply that the mechanism by which this type of thinking materializes in the form of success has to do with the subconscious self, and it's ability to drive actions by the conscious self.

wow correcting words on a message board, good work

and yeah, they are pansies...they could physically beat me up, but theyd puss out

i'd be afraid to fight marc stroud, prolly TO, mitchell, and maybe they have some scrubs that can fight idk

As if we needed further confirmation that this guy is a troll...

HEY D-BAG! Name one Bills player that isn't a recently accquired free agent you saw on ESPN! Name one player that was drafted in 2007!

All you seem to know are the recently accquired free agents. Are you telling me that's just a coincidence?

It is much harder for people who are set in their ways of negativity and failure to practice what is being said here so yes, increased success will definitely breed more and more success. The hard part is really breaking that chain of failure so that you can build on just a few small positive outcomes. The more people focus on failure and why they are stuck in it, the tougher it is going to be to change it. Start with the small things and build on it.

Which is all GREAT!....if you aren't a lazy person who really isn't good at much. If you are, then you get to live your life in this town saying things like "well, I did [insert whatever underachievement here], which is pretty good for Buffalo[or Insert any Upstate City/Town Name here]".

I have found that many here and elsewhere have embraced the fact that if you can do the bare minimum here it's ok because it's "good enough". Basically the bar is so low that doing anything at all means at least you are doing something, however poorly. It boils down to this:

"The Bills suck, everything sucks, (keep it going), that flower sucks." With all this sucking going on how does anyone expect me to do anything more than suck too? At least I did [whatever], which is mediocre...not sucky".

This is why they need the negativity to continue. If you are a lame-ass lowlife who would rather have the state provide for his existence rather than do it yourself, you need as much negativity as you can get. This lowers other people's expectations of you as low as they possibly can get, thereby "proving" that other people should do things for you, rather than doing them for yourself.

They need as much negativity as they possibly can get, and they dread the day when everything isn't "stacked against them" because that's the day they will have to actually put out and perform.

The worst thing that could happen to most of these people is a massive tax and spending cut in this state and a sudden, vibrant economy. They wouldn't be able to compete and all their excuses would be gone. But the Bills might still suck...maybe they can sue for emotional distress. :devil: