Falcons releasing michael Vick today !!

SKOOBY

Guest dog14787
Vick is a convicted felon. I'm not denying him his rights to work for a living. Before calling me an A-hole, you should have taken the time to read my entire post. Playing football in the NFL if a privilege, not a right. If a bank refuses to hire Vick as a bank teller because of his prison record, are they now A-holes too? Have you ever filled out a work application? Every one of them asks if you have ever been convicted of a crime. Why would those A-holes ask that question, I wonder?

And as a matter of fact, I do consider myself a better person then Michael Vick, for not running a freakin' dog fighting camp that tortured the losing animals to death.

But that's not even my point. The NFL fines and suspends players every day for things they do wrong. It is called a code of conduct. You don't think there should be any code of conducts for NFL players earning millions of dollars? That's nice. My point is that since the NFL does have a code of conduct, they should hand out a life time suspension from playing if you are convicted of a felony and serve time in prison.

If that makes me an a-hole, no problem. At least I won't have to watch bigger a-hole criminals on TV every week earning millions of dollars when they should be struggling to work any job they can get while realizing how stupid their crimes were.

I have argued on Micheal Vicks behalf for a possible second chance in the NFL because its what this man was born to do and not only that, were does it end? Are we going to go after actors that are in the publics eye, or better yet how about anybody that's had a felony, lets just tell every convicted felon out there that society is done with you so go rob a bank or something to take care of your family so we can throw you back in jail were you belong.

With that being said I have every respect for all the parents out there with kids and pets that don't want to see Micheal Vick play again ( ass holes,ummm no, good parents and people, yes) and if it means good fans get turned away from the sport they love, then maybe its just not worth it.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/ru...atures%2frumors

This is very interesting. Espn insider has this to say today: The surprising QB that the Bills will covet? Now I dont have insider so I dont know who they are talking about, but lets be realistic, who else could it be but Michael Vick? I am just speculating, but look at the article and if you have insider, please let me know who they are TALKING ABOUT!!!

It may not be Vick, but who is still available that could beat out our current back up QB, Ryan Fitzpatrick (not that he is that good or anything)

1.Whats your take, who could it be?

2. If is Vick, what do you think?

If you have insider, please let me know who ESPN is talking about

My opinion, Vick has not paid his debt yet (23 months is alot of jail time for dog fighting) but I want him to prove he has changed, and I dont feel he has done that yet. I would like to see him re-deem himself and do something positive for the DOG (especially pit bulls) community

Guest dog14787
Vick + T.O. + Evans = The ultimate wildcat.

I just hope Parcells doesn't get any bright ideas about Michael Vick, or bellicheat for that matter. ;)

I don't want our defense to be chasing Michael Vick all over the field twice a year, geeesh

I just hope Parcells doesn't get any bright ideas about Michael Vick, or bellicheat for that matter. ;)

I don't want our defense to be chasing Michael Vick all over the field twice a year, geeesh

I'll be suprised if Miami doesn't get him. Parcells would put diablo himself on his team if it would help him win a game.

The article is complete fluff, based on an assumption that the Bills SHOULD be looking for a backup QB since ESPN thinks that Fitzpatrick and Chroise suck. Makes no mention of Vick.

No merit.

especially considering the Bills laughed at the reporters asking them if they had any interest

Vick is a convicted felon. I'm not denying him his rights to work for a living. Before calling me an A-hole, you should have taken the time to read my entire post. Playing football in the NFL if a privilege, not a right. If a bank refuses to hire Vick as a bank teller because of his prison record, are they now A-holes too? Have you ever filled out a work application? Every one of them asks if you have ever been convicted of a crime. Why would those A-holes ask that question, I wonder?

And as a matter of fact, I do consider myself a better person then Michael Vick, for not running a freakin' dog fighting camp that tortured the losing animals to death.

But that's not even my point. The NFL fines and suspends players every day for things they do wrong. It is called a code of conduct. You don't think there should be any code of conducts for NFL players earning millions of dollars? That's nice. My point is that since the NFL does have a code of conduct, they should hand out a life time suspension from playing if you are convicted of a felony and serve time in prison.

If that makes me an a-hole, no problem. At least I won't have to watch bigger a-hole criminals on TV every week earning millions of dollars when they should be struggling to work any job they can get while realizing how stupid their crimes were.

Dude, I find this whole thing wrong on so many levels.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/ru...atures%2frumors

This is very interesting. Espn insider has this to say today: The surprising QB that the Bills will covet? Now I dont have insider so I dont know who they are talking about, but lets be realistic, who else could it be but Michael Vick? I am just speculating, but look at the article and if you have insider, please let me know who they are TALKING ABOUT!!!

It may not be Vick, but who is still available that could beat out our current back up QB, Ryan Fitzpatrick (not that he is that good or anything)

1.Whats your take, who could it be?

2. If is Vick, what do you think?

If you have insider, please let me know who ESPN is talking about

My opinion, Vick has not paid his debt yet (23 months is alot of jail time for dog fighting) but I want him to prove he has changed, and I dont feel he has done that yet. I would like to see him re-deem himself and do something positive for the DOG (especially pit bulls) community

It's just speculation by John Murphy that has a 99.999% chance of never, ever happening and Vick isn't any part of it.

No no no, you're not an a-hole - you're an idiot.

Anyone that says playing in the NFL is a "privilege" not a "right" is low-iq moron. By that line of thinking, it's a privilege to work anywhere and Vick should be homeless the rest of his life.

The guy lost all his rights for 2 years in Levinworth, and lost all his money and marketability - that is certainly a fair price for his crime.

Goodell still has to meet with Vick in order to clear him to play. Goodell is in total control. The NFL has a code of conduct policy and if Vick doesn't meet it then he doesn't have the privilege of playing in the NFL. I don't give a crap if he lost all of his money and marketability. People lose their jobs and everything else when they go to prison. Too bad so sad for him. :nana:

Yeah, but you suck at football. Any player in the NFL is considered to be among the elite football players on the planet. If you were one of the worlds elite doctors and then went to prison for 2 years - would you come out and get a job at McDonalds? No, you'd find a job in the medical field and after you check "Yes" to the aforementioned felon question, you would work at a reduced salary. If/When Vick gets an NFL contract ,it will certainly be at a reduced salary.

Depending on the charge he could have his license revoked and not be able to practice medicine again. Doctors don't have a high profile job and so it's easier for them. The NFL is very high profile and so mistakes are amplified.

You sound like a crazy right wing fringe puritan. You are clearly angry with your own place in the world and find satisfaction in seeing people who you deem unworthy fall from the top. It is a common trait amongst lifelong losers.

Ahahaha, and with your next paragraph you perfectly affirm my diagnosis. You are a sad sad person and should seek help.

PUNCH!!

especially considering the Bills laughed at the reporters asking them if they had any interest

Odds on TO becoming a Buffalo Bill at the beginning of last season, 100,000 to 1. Think an unemployed QB with 4 teams that will not take him for sure leaves 28 that might. The Bills need a good backup and have nothing behind Edwards. Securing a known talented QB has to be a priority, considering Trent's less than stellar health record.