Is it a coincidence...?

duey

...that Drew has played his best in the games that Willis has started. To take it even further...the entire offesive unit has played better when Willis has started.

I thought the team looked fantastic today. With the exception of "Fast Freddy" Smith's gaffs (please get rid of this stiff), and McGee's slip on the Moss TD, this team put in a playoff caliber performance today. Let's not forget that this is a good Jets team, and we absolutely took it to them today.

Congratulations to the entire Bills team. A fantastic day (this of course is hightened by the Fish losing again)!

I don't know if it has as much to do with McGahee as it does that the Bills probably needed time to adjust to the new systems in place. That said, although I'm a big Travis Henry fan, McGahee has proven to me that he is indeed a better player. My only fear with McGahee is that the Bills are overworking him.

I don't know if it has as much to do with McGahee as it does that the Bills probably needed time to adjust to the new systems in place.  That said,  although I'm a big Travis Henry fan,  McGahee has proven to me that he is indeed a better player.  My only fear with McGahee is that the Bills are overworking him.

106235[/snapback]

They do give him a couple plays off here and there. He'll be OK.

Its hard to feel bad for Travis...he'll get a shot next year as a starter for a team that really wants him, and he'll be all the happier when he cashes in on his free agent deal the year after that.

I'd easily send him to Oakland for a 2nd rounder at the end of the season without any regrets.

Its hard to feel bad for Travis...he'll get a shot next year as a starter for a team that really wants him, and he'll be all the happier when he cashes in on his free agent deal the year after that.

I'd easily send him to Oakland for a 2nd rounder at the end of the season without any regrets.

106259[/snapback]

That works for me...there is no way we could get a 1st out of anyone given his anticipated lack of playing time the rest of the way.

That works for me...there is no way we could get a 1st out of anyone given his anticipated lack of playing time the rest of the way.

106267[/snapback]

Yup, unless we can mess with the Falcons again...hope they are enjoying their average WR.

Seriously though, a 2nd rounder is a good deal...maybe even pick up an extra 5th or 6th rounder too...it all makes the loss of our 1st rounder a little easier to swallow.

Yup, unless we can mess with the Falcons again...hope they are enjoying their average WR. 

Seriously though, a 2nd rounder is a good deal...maybe even pick up an extra 5th or 6th rounder too...it all makes the loss of our 1st rounder a little easier to swallow.

106277[/snapback]

Yeah...and I was just saying on another thread that if we get a high 2nd for him, we might be able to package both 2's for a late 1.

...that Drew has played his best in the games that Willis has started.  To take it even further...the entire offesive unit has played better when Willis has started.

I thought the team looked fantastic today.  With the exception of "Fast Freddy" Smith's gaffs (please get rid of this stiff), and McGee's slip on the Moss TD, this team put in a playoff caliber performance today.  Let's not forget that this is a good Jets team, and we absolutely took it to them today.

Congratulations to the entire Bills team.  A fantastic day (this of course is hightened by the Fish losing again)!

106178[/snapback]

Also note how much better the O-line is playing. Post game radio has revealed that they haven't given up a sack for 2 straight games! :D

106267[/snapback]

Who cares about his lack of playing time? Teams will want to acquire Henry not for him being benched for a better RB in McGahee (and I'm saying that as a huge Henry fan), but for his almost 1,400 yard 12 TD back-to-back seasons the previous 2 years, despite playing with a bad line, scheme, and hurt.

Who cares about his lack of playing time?  Teams will want to acquire Henry not for him being benched for a better RB in McGahee (and I'm saying that as a huge Henry fan), but for his almost 1,400 yard 12 TD back-to-back seasons the previous 2 years, despite playing with a bad line, scheme, and hurt.

106303[/snapback]

Exactly. Playing time does not matter. All that matters is that he's young, very productive, and has no history of major injuries as a pro. There's absolutely no reason that he can't return to being a 1400 yard rusher.

Unfortunately, the position, RB, is a dime a dozen position and there is always a crop of decent RB every year.

The Rams got Marshall Faulk for a second round pick. And he was a better, more complete back than Travis Henry will ever be.

The Bills can try to pedal him, but it wouldn't be a surprise to see him be the backup again next year.

(Oh, by the way, Henry pretty much sucks in blitz pickup.)

Unfortunately, the position, RB, is a dime a dozen position and there is always a crop of decent RB every year.

The Rams got Marshall Faulk for a second round pick.  And he was a better, more complete back than Travis Henry will ever be.

The Bills can try to pedal him, but it wouldn't be a surprise to see him be the backup again next year.

(Oh, by the way, Henry pretty much sucks in blitz pickup.)

106344[/snapback]

Good points Willis...and yeah, TH is pretty much a liability on the blitz.

Drew and Willis talked but this before Mcgahees first start. Willis told the Oline just to pickup defensive linemen and let the backs worry about the blitzing LBers and safties. I believe since Drew trusts him to handle his assignments, and Shelton knowing who to block, and also relieving the Oline of blitz pass off, the unit as a whole is playing a lot better. Drew knows he isn't gonna get tagged so he looks and feels more comfortable in there.

In addition, having Mcgahees hands in there catching the ball, Drew who is a terrible dump off passer, has more luck as Willis is able to catch the poor throws.

Finally it also appears that Willis seems to better understand the offense and it permits a much bigger playbook, with more schemes the defense has to worry about.