For all of the armchair GM's - what are the five most

1. LT

2. DE

3. QB

4. DT

5. CB

I believe in the adage that defense wins championships but also believe strong lines make for stronger teams. That's why listed more defensive positions then offensive. Yet because LT isn't easy to fill I put it as the top priority not to mention a top flight LT often makes a QB more then vice versa. Look no further then to the Colts as an example as they had Tarik Glenn in place before they had Peyton. Yet don't feel you need a Peyton Manning at QB to win the Super Bowl do feel you need an above average one to win ultimately. Also if you can find either a run stuffing/and or pass rushing DT that can compliment your pass rushing DE you can truly have a superior defense. Also while CBs tend to be as good as the pass rushers in front of them if you can land a shut down CB to go with the rest of your defense then you truly have something dangerous.

Your right but that can be said about every position, even QB. If you could get dominant at five positions in this league, your going to be pretty good eitherway.

exactly, and the most important thing mentioned is that it depends on the system that you play in. For example, a 3-4 DT is more important than a 4-3 DT and the opposite is true for MLB. In a cover 2 the DE is extremely important where as the OLB is very important in a 3-4.

That being said, here is my top 5 for the current Bills situation (in no particular oder):

QB

C(probably not in here if the bills were in a different division)

DE

FS

DT

I put FS in there over LT because I feel that they can be more of a difference maker in a game than LT can. A great FS makes more of an impact than a great LT, albeit not by much.