Bills win 3 of last 4

We are officially on the move.

Just beat a 6-1 team handily.  With a great offensive game plan and (possibly) getting Vincent back, why can't we beat NE?

106138[/snapback]

Who says we can't? We almost beat 'em in our house last time. And that was PW (Pre Willis).

I smell a good game coming up between the Pats and Bills. It will make ESPN Football fun again.

By far the best performance of the year! Willis has made an imediate impact and I have to say, Drew played maybe his best game since week 2 of last year vs. Jacksonville. This is what we've heard all year long, the offense just need to play smart, no turnovers, control the clock and let the defense win the game. Other than the Moss TD late in the game, the D played great.

I see a much improved team and I am hopeful.

Something I need to point out.

With Willis starting 3-0

With Travis starting 0-5

'Nuff said

106144[/snapback]

Shut the hell up, BF. Are you going to tell me we've lost five games because Travis started at running back in those games? If Travis played the first series today, and then we put Willis in for the rest of the game, that would have meant we would have lost today?

Willis is the man and has clearly outplayed Travis. He's a huge reason why our offense has started resembling a professional football team. We all hope he gets better and better and better, he keeps getting healthier, he keeps producing with 100-yard efforts, and he keeps helping us win. But that's no reason to trash Travis Henry, who has earned a lot more respect than your stupid ass gives him.

Travis has been beaten out for the job by a running back who's better than he is. That's no reason to falsely single him out for our failures.

Shut the hell up, BF. Are you going to tell me we've lost five games because Travis started at running back in those games? If Travis played the first series today, and then we put Willis in for the rest of the game, that would have meant we would have lost today?

Willis is the man and has clearly outplayed Travis. He's a huge reason why our offense has started resembling a professional football team. We all hope he gets better and better and better, he keeps getting healthier, he keeps producing with 100-yard efforts, and he keeps helping us win. But that's no reason to trash Travis Henry, who has earned a lot more respect than your stupid ass gives him.

Travis has been beaten out for the job by a running back who's better than he is. That's no reason to falsely single him out for our failures.

106352[/snapback]

Facts don't lie.

3-0 and 0-5. You can throw all the hypotheticals out you want about a guy starting and playing one series, but the fact it, Travis can't catch, can't pick up a blitz, and can't stay on his feet when it counts.

Maybe it wasn't Bledsoe????

Part of the Travis/Willis record difference is who we were playing. Two of Willis's wins have been against the likes of Miami and Arizona. If Willis delivers his usual 100 yard performance/win on the road against NE, then that part of the argument will be laid to rest.

Another part of the record difference is because our team as a whole is doing better later on into the season; especially the offensive line.

But then part of it is because Willis is a better runner and a more complete player than Travis. Travis is great if you want to run the ball between the tackles. Problem is, the best way to get to our QB is to blitz him up the middle. Having your RB run between the tackles doesn't exactly discourage the other team from sending an extra guy or two up the middle.

With Willis's ability to break the ball to the outside, break tackles, and move the pile, suddenly the simple strategy of always blitzing up the middle doesn't look so good anymore. The other stuff that people mentioned--blitz pickup, catching passes, etc., helps too. Put it all together, and our offense is harder to defend against and harder to stop with Willis on the field.

hey! if we can play all the rest of our games at home in 25-30mph winds anything can happen!

seriously...we win NEXT week...THEN i'm impressed. in the meantime i'd like to see us go more than 2 plays in a row without someone hitting our backs in the backfield. if we can ever solve that little problem we're gonna have a 2000 yard rusher.

In case everyone hasnt notice, BF is not a Bills fan, he's a hater and look at his post history, its all negative towards Bledsoe, Henry and the Bills as a team. He jumped "ship" long ago!! :blush:

106647[/snapback]

Get off BF's back. DB deserved all the abuse he got before. But we all agree he played a terrific game today. The entire team (with the exception of Fast Freddie Smith and Terrence McGee) played well today. This is how you beat the good teams. The Pats game will be a season maker. Win that game, and 10-6 is very possible.

PTR