Last world championship on lake erie

Tcali

Why are those not sports? Here's how I would define "sport"...Any competitive game in which success is dependent upon physical superiority. Sports like golf and bowling simply measure different physical capabilities. Golf measures strength, accuracy, touch, muscle memory. Football measures strength, speed agility, etc. If you attempted to beat Tiger Woods at golf, you'd have about as much success as you had trying to tackle Marshawn Lynch. How is one less of a sport than the other?

You make good points. But I believe then that there are categories of activities.In my particular definition-I take into account those activities which require great physical conditioning,speed,reflexes and strength.So yes DARTS is a sport by YOUR definition but not by mine.

You make good points. But I believe then that there are categories of activities.In my particular definition-I take into account those activities which require great physical conditioning,speed,reflexes and strength.So yes DARTS is a sport by YOUR definition but not by mine.

Fair enough.

However, I do have to disagree with you that Tiger Woods isn't an athlete. This certainly doesn't go for most golfers, but he would school 99% of the world at most sports, not just golf.

Then the answer is simple, lets throw 3 years into the garbage, go 0-48, and get three number one draft picks. Problem solved for the Bills. For the Sabres, its a little harder to throw that many games.

Haha if only it were that simple. Mike Williams was a CAN'T MISS 10 Pro Bowl offensive line anchor. Obviously that worked out well.

Its interesting that in hockey there quite literally is a whole new generation of game-breaking, super star talent coming out in the draft every year now. Crosby, Fleury, Ovechkin, Kane, Toews, just to name a few off the top of my head. But, as you said, teams can't just throw a whole season deliberately. It's just a tough spot I guess when the NHL draft is such a crap shoot.

If there is one guy we can say we have in that generation, it would be Thomas Vanek. Is he superstar good? I can't say, but he is the only natural goal scorer we have right now.

Fair enough.

However, I do have to disagree with you that Tiger Woods isn't an athlete. This certainly doesn't go for most golfers, but he would school 99% of the world at most sports, not just golf.

I disagree...--he is a tall skinny guy. Why do you think he is good at other sports? Have you seen him play football?Run track? lots of guys can swing a golf club really well--esp when that is all you do 24 hrs /day since you were 3.Of course he is naturally gifted there as well. But you have a bunch of fat slobs who were/are also terrific golfers. Golf prowess doesn't necessarily translate into prowess in any other sport.