Hello, Dick, why did we draft Maybin #1?

The Bills defense was much more effective a few years ago when Hargrove was healthy and not suspended. The 3rd DE needs to be an every down player, and having a 4th DE who is a situational pass rusher makes a HUGE difference.

That's the role they (coaching staff) expects Maybin to fill this season. They might line him up at LDE, or they might line him up next to Schobel, to make double-teams more difficult.

After he's had an entire offseason to put some bulk on his frame, maybe Maybin will be ready to compete for the LDE starting job next training camp.

Hooray! Our #11 overall pick might have an impact next year!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jauron = 7-9 coach

TSW'er = 0-0 coach

At least we haven't lost more games than we've won :bag:

Dick Jauron's pay - at least $1.5 million annually

your pay - I'll guess at two figures less and about $1.42 million in total

:lol:

Aaron Maybin at #11, a first round pick, but he is a tall, skinny pass rusher. He is not gonna be a LDE inthe NFL. He's either gonna be a bust or a good RDE.

Right now, we got Schobel at RDE, so if he is healthy, do you sit Maybin or try something creative until Schobel is ready to step down? My suggestion for Dicky is to try Maybin in Ellison's spot. How could he be worse?

On that side then, lined up to either blitz or cover. you have Aaron Schobel, Aaron Maybin and Leodis McKelvin. How does an opponent block them?

On the other hand, if the other team runs the ball to the left, who makes the tackle? Well, Ellison wouldn't anyway.

Sol, the question arises, where does Maybin fit? It sure ain't LDE. So where? I'm sayin, Ellison's spot.

Um... he's going to be a LDE in the NFL.