Benefits at work?

mcjeff215

When are you going to come work for Mailtrust/Rackspace?

Yeah but you guys are in Texas!! Sounds like a great place, though.

Ha, that reminds me, too... they had us sign all of these really restrictive non-compete agreements over the last few weeks. Stupid restrictive. The corp. lawyer actually told me, "it's so we can decide what you do and not you." Usually there's some sort of compensation associated with this type of agreement.

Cut to the last 10Q. We've added a big asset to the goodwill account. Yup. Employee non-compete. Glad I got something for that.

To top it off. If I leave, I don't get paid for my vacation. But the way they've designed the system, I can go in the negative. If my vacation balance is negative when I quit, they dock me! Yup. They owe me nothing if I leave with a balance, but they cut my final check short if I leave negative.

Now that I type this out... I guess they *are* pretty ridiculously cheap, eh? $0.50 slots on the coffee machines in the near future, too.

Sounds like these guys are on the "cost management" train. Either that or someone directly has a vested interest (bonus) in OI. Atlanta job market isn't all that great yet...you know as well as I do that there's a zillion SEC grads waiting for a job "in the city" and alumni willing to give every joker who can woof a job. I'd gauge the peer employee reaction and find an exec with a sympathetic ear if that's possible.