Happy Memorial Day

I'll never forget the Sports Illustrated story of Bob Kalsu, the Buffalo Bill rookie of the year in 1968 who later died in Vietnam. It was one of their most moving stories ever (linked below):

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/cover/01/0723/

Camp Kalsu is a forward operating base in Iraq named after him by the 105 Military Police, a Buffalo based National Guard unit. Below is a YouTube video slideshow of the unit at work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQsp-xjECuU...feature=related

Happy Memorial Day to all who have served and continue to serve!

I will never forget everyone in here who sent me care packages when I was on the Truman during the war and also when I spent a year and a half in Bosina. Nothing means more than knowing people are supporting you back home. My days of military life are heading to a end. September 2009, I hit my 20 year mark and head off to other things in life. I hope to spend some time with everyone here next opening day! Nothing would be better than having myself read out of active duty at the Ralph! Beer and wings for all next fall!

Go Navy!

I will never forget everyone in here who sent me care packages when I was on the Truman during the war and also when I spent a year and a half in Bosina. Nothing means more than knowing people are supporting you back home. My days of military life are heading to a end. September 2009, I hit my 20 year mark and head off to other things in life. I hope to spend some time with everyone here next opening day! Nothing would be better than having myself read out of active duty at the Ralph! Beer and wings for all next fall!

Go Navy!

:pirate: Go Navy! God Bless to ALL that serve our Country. After joining at age 17 & putting his 20 years in with the Navy, my brother-inlaw joined the State Dept. He is soon to retire from that with a NICE pension.