Clips from the No Punt game

I was at this game, and it is still the most exciting game I have ever experienced in person.

The talent on the field that day by both teams in a game like this is rarely seen. Even when Jerry Rice got injured the 49'ers still had plenty of weapons. I do'nt think that John Taylor got the national respect he deserved as a wide receiver, he was just as dangerous as Rice.

It was indeed a proud moment being a Bills fan that day. Coming out west to play a very good 49'ers team, coming from 11 points down at halftime, on the road, and carrying the team to victory.

Let's not forget that this was 1992. The Bills had lost in the Super Bowl twice already, and most of the "NFL experts" were saying that the Bills were going to be taking a step back. Sure they were a playoff team, but not a Super Bowl team.

This game and the game against New Orleans that year, which by the way was another road game that the Bills were also down by double digits and came back to win, were two of the biggest victories they had in that season.

John Taylor got the national respect he deserved as a wide receiver, he was just as dangerous as Rice.

Absolutely correct. I have to laugh when people justify keeping a receiver on the squad because he's a good blocker.

JT was a 1b receiver to Rice and one of the most viciously physical blockers of any position that I've seen. He could take it 90 yards or obliterate a 'backer. Just a fantastic talent in the shadow of greatness. Didn't say much, always brought it on game-day and got out early. One of my favorite players ever.

Phil Hansen knocked him out of the game with a concussion on a downfield tackle.

Kelso was absolutely brutal. Bounces off Odessa Turner like a pinball on the first score, then gets toyed with by John Taylor as Taylor raced to the goal line. Bills played a man down every year he was on the squad.

Henry Jones was a very good player. Great instincts and athleticism. Shonte can only aspire to be as good as Jones, who even as a less than premium safety with an excellent supporting, was miles ahead at the same juncture of their careers.

Anyone notice how rangy Talley was? Geez what hustle.

That clip was a vivid reminder of that fact. When Kelso was playing, it was like having 10 men on D. :w00t:

Phil Hansen knocked him out of the game with a concussion on a downfield tackle.

Kelso was absolutely brutal. Bounces off Odessa Turner like a pinball on the first score, then gets toyed with by John Taylor as Taylor raced to the goal line. Bills played a man down every year he was on the squad.

Henry Jones was a very good player. Great instincts and athleticism. Shonte can only aspire to be as good as Jones, who even as a less than premium safety with an excellent supporting, was miles ahead at the same juncture of their careers.

Anyone notice how rangy Talley was? Geez what hustle.

You might be right about Kelso and Jones was very good. However, on that long touchdown play by John Taylor, he did outrun Kelso, but Henry Jones blew the play by not tackling Taylor.

THANKS FOR POSTING THAT CLIP............man, I still remember watching that game as a high school kid.....now I remember why I became a Bills fan....even Metzellars was nasty.....if u compare the team on this clip to our Bills right now....offensively speaking, that team is better than our current team in EVERY category......Go Bills

am i crazy or did Kelso knock the ball out of John Taylor's hands before he reached the goaline. I think that should have been ruled a touchback. In the era of instant replay, that probably would have been reviewed/challenged. watch it again and tell me i'm wrong. I dare you.

am i crazy or did Kelso knock the ball out of John Taylor's hands before he reached the goaline. I think that should have been ruled a touchback. In the era of instant replay, that probably would have been reviewed/challenged. watch it again and tell me i'm wrong. I dare you.

I was sitting on the other side of that end zone when that play happened and I swear that Kelso punched that ball out before it crossed the goal line. Kelso was complaining to the officials on that play, but they called it a TD.

Man, that team - both teams in that game, actually - are almost too good to comment on. What do they do? Well, the lines block for the QB, so he has time to throw, the QB finds an open receiver, the receiver hangs on to the ball, and adds yards after the catch.

We have to start doing those things. I wish it were as easy as "oh, they use a 3-4" or "the no huddle always wins!"

Not to sound like your JV basketball coach, but good fundamentals are everything.