The World's Last Losman Fan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know who you're talking to, but your points are invalid. We're discussing Losman as a Football player, not whether we like him as a person or not. If you're talking about my post, it was in regards to the assumption that the Bills would bring him back if TE got hurt, so if you agree with that idea, then you, too, can join the Losman fan club....

For the record, I own his jersey and hoped just as much as everyone else that he'd be our guy. It didn't work out, not even a little bit. We can play the blame game all day long, but the bottom line is that the team has sinced moved on. If you can't, then perhaps you can follow him to his next team and route for him there. Maybe your ideas of him being SO smart that he'll win a Superbowl elsewhere will come true, then you can come back here and tell the rest of us how stupid we were. I'll be waiting, but you can rest assured I won't be holding my breath .... :D

OK...sorry about that...I do apolagize. It was not clear to me it was a football only...I'm sick of seeing JP threads and decided to attack.

(This is why I rarely post even though I've been reading the wall for the last 14 years.)

For the record, I felt bad coaching and bad O-Line ruined his chance to develop into a good QB.

IMHO - He would have been a good NFL QB under tutelage of a superior coach like Belicheat.

Also - I did imply (and meant) the only way he's going to a superbowl is playing in a rock band.

He's not going to do it on any NFL team, ever.

Peace,

Your beer judgment challenged club pres.

JP planted a few trees and picked up garbage one day for the media and he's a great guy?? Wouldn't it have been better for him and his community if he spent some time reviewing game film in the off season and prior to games? When he got benched last year, wouldn't he have been a better guy if he at least gave the appearance of faked interest as to what was going on in the game instead of showing the TV audience his "I can't believe I'm not playing" mope while isolating himself at the end of the bench wearing his goofy beard and full-length cover-up?

And stop with the "he had all the tools" stuff. He was a good athlete, ok. But a great athlete doesn't get chased down by 300 lb linemen and he can make a fast LB miss him at least a few times. He was supposed to be this great "scrambler" coming out of Tulane. He was just too slow-footed. Flutie was a better athlete than JP.

As for the "long bombs" to Evans, there were so few of those over his career that it cannot sustain the myth that he would be a better "fit" in a big passing offense. Sasquatch has been sited in Buffalo more times than JP ever hooked up with Evans for a long TD.

Ok...that's a good point...once he knew he was done he checked out...but I don't equate that with him not being a great guy...that's just burn out from seeing the same incompetent coaching.

I also didn't say he was a great guy...but he's a better guy than a lot of NFL players because actually took initiative, and this whole country would be better off if sports stars actually made an effort to care.

Yeah those idiots Jack Kemp and Jim Kelly did nothing to promote, clean up and help the WNY region. :D

You mean before they were household names and everyone loved them on the field?

Just making sure we are comparing apples to apples here.

Thanks for the responses y'all...I'm out for the night to play some percussion.

The Music Never Stops...

OK...sorry about that...I do apolagize. It was not clear to me it was a football only...I'm sick of seeing JP threads and decided to attack.

(This is why I rarely post even though I've been reading the wall for the last 14 years.)

For the record, I felt bad coaching and bad O-Line ruined his chance to develop into a good QB.

IMHO - He would have been a good NFL QB under tutelage of a superior coach like Belicheat.

Also - I did imply (and meant) the only way he's going to a superbowl is playing in a rock band.

He's not going to do it on any NFL team, ever.

Peace,

Your beer judgment challenged club pres.

Got it! :D

For the record, I think you and I probably feel the same way about him, I'm just at a point now where I'd rather just move on with the team. Seemed like a good guy, and I'm sure he tried real hard, it just didn't work out (for whatever reason). I don't wish any bad will on him and hope he is successful at whatever comes next. Thanks for clearing your post up! I agree, the bash JP threads have gotten lame.....think it's time to forget and move on.

I agree

Even Vince Young made the pro bowl.

He only made it because he is black. That is obvious and not racial unless you are black. Enough said.

Thousands of guys have the ability to throw an accurate deep ball and are athletic as well. Very few of them become good NFL quarterbacks.

Losman clearly didnt have the mental game down when he was here. He got better as a quarterback, but he still fumbled often, threw inexplicable interceptions, and choked. His completion percentage on third and short passes was 20%.

A more mature Losman with a fresh start could mean his skills make him a solid backup.

Thousands of guys have the ability to throw an accurate deep ball and are athletic as well. Very few of them become good NFL quarterbacks.

Losman clearly didnt have the mental game down when he was here. He got better as a quarterback, but he still fumbled often, threw inexplicable interceptions, and choked. His completion percentage on third and short passes was 20%.

A more mature Losman with a fresh start could mean his skills make him a solid backup.