Vick as a potential Bill

Chas

Guest dog14787
Do I really need to explain the difference between legal and illegal gambling?

Really?

Paragraph 15 of the standard NFL player contract:

And after reading some of the opinions expressed in this thread, I'm honestly beginning to wonder if I haven't overstayed my welcome on TBD.

Nawww, We depend on you to keep us safe from trolls and other varmints and also to keep everything on the up and up.

Without you we would all be lost in the land of SKOOBY, then nothing could save us. :D

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of notes to add, and then I sincerely hope I'm done with this thread. First, from Tim Graham's chat:

Scott (Colorado Springs, CO): What team do you think Vick will end up with, if any? Wouldn't Miami make the most sense since they started the Wildcat?

SportsNation Tim Graham: Jeff Ireland told me a couple months ago there was no interest. A knowledgeable source with the Bills laughed at me when I asked. That leaves the Jets and Patriots as teams I can't answer to. A lot of analysts see Vick as a fit with the Patriots. I think it would be fun to see Belichick use him, but I'm not sure how Vick would fit in with the Patriots family.

And Scott Pitoniak's blog: Repeat after me, "Michael Vick is NOT coming to Buffalo"

Ah, you have to love those internet rumors. Consider this juicy one posted on Sports Illustrated's Fan Nation site the other day:

"Here's the real team to watch as a Michael Vick destination, in our view. The Buffalo Bills. The Bills want to win. Now. Whether it's because owner Ralph Wilson is feeling a Leon Hess-style sense of urgency or whether coach Dick Jauron feels a Rich Kotite-style sense of urgency or a combination of both, the Bills are going all out. They offered Terrell Owens $6.5 million guaranteed at a time when no one else was willing to pay him $6.50. And a league source tells us that the Bills made a very aggressive play for defensive end Jason Taylor immediately after Taylor was cut in March by the Redskins. In fact, the Bills were the very first team to pursue Taylor. As to the potential backlash from signing Vick, consider the fans' reaction to the arrival of T.O. He's already gotten the key to the freaking city. So if any team can sell this transaction to their fans, it's the Bills."

These are the types of posts that drive journalists nuts because readers (and editors) see them and become irrational. Rather than see the absurdity in the rumor, the readers (and editors) start believing they are true and reporters are forced to go on wild goose chases.

I'm happy to report that there isn't even a modicum of truth in this one. My sources with the Bills tell me the team has absolutely no interest in bringing the dog-murdering quarterback to Buffalo.

This dumb posting makes no sense at all. How stupid to think that giving Owens the key to the city conveys the same sense of desperation as signing a criminal like Vick.

I'm no T.O. fan, but it's flat-out wrong to equate his egocentric football transgressions to the heinous real-life crimes committed by Vick.

I'm all for posting opinions to generate discussion, but this one was ludicrous and irresponsible.

I reponded to an earlier post- but this is so damn impotant to me - I wanted to open a new post

First the first 2 words my mother taught me was "Lou" as in Saban, and "Bills" in the early 60s. mom also got me a puppy and she was with me for 12 years. As much as I love the Bills, Jack Kemp never woke me when my smoke detector went off, Jim Kelly never came over and licked my face after a bad day at work, Joe D. never let the hair stand up on the back of his neck - if someone unknown approached me or my family.

I have probably have had a 100 dogs in my life and touch my life (mine, my brothers, mt nephwews, my kids, and mt friends, and many of them have had to wear a Bills Bandana around thir necks on Sunday Sept. through the last game of the season - in good seasons (way to few) and bad seasons. I am loyal to my teams (Bills, Sabres, Blue Jays & Cubs) as my dogs are loyal to me and my loved ones.

If the Bills even bring Vick in for a work out - I would burn all of my Bills belongings, this world is filled with natural tragady and disspair - why would I watch to be enternained by a person who thrived on intentionaly wanted see non-repairable physical and mental damage to innocent dogs. And if they did not perform - strangle them, drown them, beat them. I would guess the retrospect would be - Interception - 2,000 volts to your testicals Mike, Loss game = cigarette burns on your neck, Blown read at the line = public flogging. Lost Super Bowl - Death by Hanging in public square. Guess if that was the case - the Bills only go to 1 super bowl.

RIP: Missy, Brandi, Scoop, Lucky, Tasker, Butkis, Kelpie

And a keep barking and protecting: Rocker, Harley, Dakatoa, Kona, Christie, Sheba, Buddy, Pudge, Ozzy, and Max - and if Mike Vick shows up - lift your leg up and PISS ON him and bite his nuts

chas_rocker@yahoo.com

Geez and fans talk about TO being a distraction- Chas_Rocker shakes his head

hey dude, they are just dogs. lots of babies killed by abortions every day, but i am assuming you have far more interaction with dogs licking you and touching you then actual humans doing anything positive or beneficial for ya. PETA and that whole group needs to chill a little bit. when dogs become more important than a human life, thats a horrible flaw in our society.... maybe worth re-thinking your priorities?

hey dude, they are just dogs. lots of babies killed by abortions every day, but i am assuming you have far more interaction with dogs licking you and touching you then actual humans doing anything positive or beneficial for ya. PETA and that whole group needs to chill a little bit. when dogs become more important than a human life, thats a horrible flaw in our society.... maybe worth re-thinking your priorities?

TBD has really gone downhill...It's sad really....Thanks Skoob and posters like the above!

You know...you might have a talk with your parents about why they didn't teach you what a sick character trait dishonesty is. I dare you to find one single post where anyone said anything remotely like that :D

Can you show me where in the parts you quoted it differentiates between legal and illegal?

I think when you consider that dog-fighting is illegal itself, it's basic common sense to realize that gambling on dog fighting is illegal as well.

I think when you consider that dog-fighting is illegal itself, it's basic common sense to realize that gambling on dog fighting is illegal as well.

I was talking about your quotation from the NFL regs regarding associating with gamblers. It makes no distinction between gamblers betting on legal or illegal contests.

Funny, I found the opinions just as irrational but for the other reason. A lot of 'they were just dogs, so what's the big deal?' type comments. Torturing dogs for sport? Really? How anyone could blow that off as no big deal says a lot about that person's character.

:D

Guest dog14787

I wonder what Jim Kelly's perspective would be on the idea of Michael Vick coming here to Buffalo as a slash type player.

I mean the guy runs like Barry Sanders and how many people can do that? Vick was one of the fastest athletes in the NFL and I'll bet you Vick has got better hands than 90% of the WR's in the NFL because he's that good of an athlete. Lets not forget he can throw the ball (with both hands) and would probably be 2nd to Edwards on the QB depth chart.

In a pinch Michael Vick can win ball games with his legs and he's done it before, plus could you imagine the publicity of Vick and Owens both, OMG , Buffalo would be the most talked about, scrutinized and heavily watched team in the history of the NFL. :w00t:

I wonder what Jim Kelly's perspective would be on the idea of Michael Vick coming here to Buffalo as a slash type player.

I mean the guy runs like Barry Sanders and how many people can do that? Vick was one of the fastest athletes in the NFL and I'll bet you Vick has got better hands than 90% of the WR's in the NFL because he's that good of an athlete. Lets not forget he can throw the ball (with both hands) and would probably be 2nd to Edwards on the QB depth chart.

In a pinch Michael Vick can win ball games with his legs and he's done it before, plus could you imagine the publicity of Vick and Owens both, OMG , Buffalo would be the most talked about, scrutinized and heavily watched team in the history of the NFL. :bag:

Kelly's of the same opinion as the Bills organization and every decent human being...HELL NO TO THE CONVICTED FELON!! Hopefully, that scumbag never gets reinstated...the NFL under Goodell has been trying to clean up its image with stiffer penalties...reinstating a convicted felon would be a black mark against the league

And if you actually think we'd be a heavily watched team, watch out for the cops because whatever drugs you're on are probably illegal. Everytime someone brings up the stupid idea of bringing those piece of sh-- to Buffalo, there's a firestorm of people pissed off about even the thought of it. Thankfully, the Bills have come out and said they have no interest in this criminal :w00t::thumbsup:

Guest dog14787
Kelly's of the same opinion as the Bills organization and every decent human being...HELL NO TO THE CONVICTED FELON!! Hopefully, that scumbag never gets reinstated...the NFL under Goodell has been trying to clean up its image with stiffer penalties...reinstating a convicted felon would be a black mark against the league

And if you actually think we'd be a heavily watched team, watch out for the cops because whatever drugs you're on are probably illegal. Everytime someone brings up the stupid idea of bringing those piece of sh-- to Buffalo, there's a firestorm of people pissed off about even the thought of it. Thankfully, the Bills have come out and said they have no interest in this criminal :thumbsup::bag:

When the christian thing to do would be to give a person another chance, don't try to tell me about being a decent human being and since when are you speaking for Jim Kelly and all the rest of the decent human beings out there because to me you have about as much compassion for humanity as a rattlesnake. :w00t:

Lets just turn our back on all convicted felons, they have no place in society. Lets do that with all the music stars, movie stars, any type of performer, hell, lets also corral up all the reformed men and woman that have become a pillar in their community later in life and send them all merrily back to jail because the dream they had is gone now because they have all been convicted of a felony.

You call that freedom, the American way? Michael Vick is a very gifted athlete, playing football is Vicks true calling, its what he was born to do, if you take that away you might as well lock Vick up and throw away the key.

When the christian thing to do would be to give a person another chance, don't try to tell me about being a decent human being and since when are you speaking for Jim Kelly and all the rest of the decent human beings out there because to me you have about as much compassion for humanity as a rattlesnake. :w00t:

A few things....I'm not religious so don't throw the religious stuff in my face...and when you consider Vick is anything but a good Christian...it looks ridiculous

Jim Kelly already spoke for himself and said he didn't want Vick here...and the Bills have already told some respected people in the media that they don't want him. Hell, they laughed at how ridiculous the idea of bringing him in here was to one reporter.

Compassion? How much compassion did your scumbag hero show to the dogs that he tortured and slaughtered? How much compassion did he show to the people whose dogs he stole to torture and slaughter? He stole family pets...there are little kids who lost their best friends to this monster. Don't EVER talk like he deserves compassion after he showed no compassion and no remorse for all he did. The only thing that sicko regrets is having gotten caught. The name Michael Vick and the word compassion don't go together in the least. I have compassion for humanity...Michael Vick is an inhuman piece of trash who a lot of people would love to see dead for all his crimes.

He's a convicted felon and there's a lot of people trying to let Goodell know what a rotten idea it would be to let this scumbag back in the NFL. :thumbsup: that piece of :bag:

Anyone who defends him is almost as sick as he is....he got a !@#$ing slap on the wrist for all he did..I don't think the prosecutors should've accepted the plea bargain....that dirtbag would still be getting his lovin from Bubba for many years to come.

Oh, and don't forget...your hero was Mr Herpes boy giving out diseases left and right a few years before he got caught in the middle of a felony...and let's not forget the airport incident where they thought he had pot on him and he got scared (which meant he had something to hide). Best place for him is behind bars...certainly not on a football field in the public eye making millions...that's a privilege he is too much of a scumbag to ever deserve again

something you seem to forget Mr Vick lover, it's not a right to play in the NFL...it's a huge privilege to play a game for millions of dollars. Vick is now a convicted felon and he doesn't deserve that kind of privilege ever again. If he ever comes back, it'll look extremely bad for the NFL. Making a living is one thing and even though I can't blame all the people who want him dead, I think everyone has a right to try to make a living...but not by making millions playing a game..no way, no how.

Guest dog14787
A few things....I'm not religious so don't throw the religious stuff in my face...and when you consider Vick is anything but a good Christian...it looks ridiculous

Jim Kelly already spoke for himself and said he didn't want Vick here...and the Bills have already told some respected people in the media that they don't want him. Hell, they laughed at how ridiculous the idea of bringing him in here was to one reporter.

Compassion? How much compassion did your scumbag hero show to the dogs that he tortured and slaughtered? How much compassion did he show to the people whose dogs he stole to torture and slaughter? He stole family pets...there are little kids who lost their best friends to this monster. Don't EVER talk like he deserves compassion after he showed no compassion and no remorse for all he did. The only thing that sicko regrets is having gotten caught. The name Michael Vick and the word compassion don't go together in the least. I have compassion for humanity...Michael Vick is an inhuman piece of trash who a lot of people would love to see dead for all his crimes.

He's a convicted felon and there's a lot of people trying to let Goodell know what a rotten idea it would be to let this scumbag back in the NFL. :w00t: that piece of :thumbsup:

Anyone who defends him is almost as sick as he is....he got a !@#$ing slap on the wrist for all he did..I don't think the prosecutors should've accepted the plea bargain....that dirtbag would still be getting his lovin from Bubba for many years to come.

Oh, and don't forget...your hero was Mr Herpes boy giving out diseases left and right a few years before he got caught in the middle of a felony...and let's not forget the airport incident where they thought he had pot on him and he got scared (which meant he had something to hide). Best place for him is behind bars...certainly not on a football field in the public eye making millions...that's a privilege he is too much of a scumbag to ever deserve again

I keep hearing all this talk that folks want Vick dead, what kind of people are you hanging out with? and where do you get this from because I've seen allot of opinions, but you seem to be the only person who talks about wanting Michael Vick dead.

I'll take your word for it on the Jim Kelly reaction, I was not aware of it. Bad idea then

I keep hearing all this talk that folks want Vick dead, what kind of people are you hanging out with? and where do you get this from because I've seen allot of opinions, but you seem to be the only person who talks about killing Michael Vick.

1 I'm not talking about killing him....I fully support him earning an honest living...OUT OF THE PUBLIC EYE. I'm just communicating how sickened and pissed off people are about this scumbag

2 Maybe you should look places other than TBD and your Michael Vick and dogfighting fan boards. I'm seeing a lot of people saying they want him dead all over the internet (there's a lot more out there than TBD and your criminal-worship boards). Personally, I'd rather he suffer for the rest of his life for what he did (death is too good for him) but if he died, no big loss

Guest dog14787
1 I'm not talking about killing him....I fully support him earning an honest living...OUT OF THE PUBLIC EYE. I'm just communicating how sickened and pissed off people are about this scumbag

2 Maybe you should look places other than TBD and your Michael Vick and dogfighting fan boards. I'm seeing a lot of people saying they want him dead all over the internet (there's a lot more out there than TBD and your criminal-worship boards). Personally, I'd rather he suffer for the rest of his life for what he did (death is too good for him) but if he died, no big loss

killing was the wrong word, but speaking of which maybe we should kill this thread.

I know allot of you folks love animals out there and I'm not going to sit here and keep ripping on my fellow Bills fans because of it, I love animals to, I just love people more.

In a pinch Michael Vick can win ball games with his legs and he's done it before, plus could you imagine the publicity of Vick and Owens both, OMG , Buffalo would be the most talked about, scrutinized and heavily watched team in the history of the NFL. :w00t:

No reason to wonder, thanks to the Howard Simon Show: Kelly on Vick, Owens, no-huddle

(WGR 550) -- Michael Vick was freed from prison Wednesday morning, and Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly has some pointed criticism for any team thinking of adding the embattled Falcons quarterback, adding that he does not expect Vick anywhere near the Bills locker room.

"They would never do that," Kelly said during a Wednesday appearance on The Howard Simon Show. "I would be very disappointed. I know he can probably fit in somewhere, especially with the wildcat offense. If I was the owner of the Buffalo Bills, I would not entertain (the possibility)."

"I would not welcome a Michael Vick to my football team."

(hat tip to Nick Mendola for the story)